Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

FAQ: 30 pin Extension Cable Recommendations

<< < (9/9)

soundog:
Thanks WK, that's helpful as I haven't opened my DL. The connections are similar to those in a camera connection kit.

I'm assuming all the GNDs you mention on the DL connector side are tied (common)?

The problem with extension cables dropping sync is still a mystery. Based on what I've seen so far, I may try another experiment in which i isolate/shield the power lines (3.3 and 5V) from all other lines (but keep all connections between the DL and iPad the same) to see if the cause is some sort of interference/capacitance problem. If not, it may be increased resistance in the length of the lines, and changing the resistor size on the DL end may be a cure.

WK154:
Grounds all common on the DL side before 160 ohm resistor. Internal cable shield also tied to common. Where would you tie the shield drain from the power lines to?

ijpengelly:
I bought a 2ft 30 pin extension from ebay and not surprisingly I was a bit disappointed when it didn't work for more than 15 seconds... not that disappointed since it was really cheap. However, after reading this I did a quick experiment yesterday and when the iPad is fully charged it holds the sync reliably and reconnects when required (after iPad has dropped into standby). Great find by Kevin. For my purposes it sounds like cutting the power cables within the extension would be the best strategy, which would mean I can fit a nice protective case and still be able to go to hard wired when I have wireless issues (thankfully not that often).

Now, Mackie... sort out your charging circuit!!!

WK154:
Soundog more on this here:  http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=498.msg7231#msg7231

soundog:
thx wk .... i just read the thread, and will continue to follow it to see if any hackpatch is discovered. for now i am using a 3 foot extension with the 5V power line severed, ipad 3 fully charged before a gig. this is working OK, but i wish there was a firmware fix available from Mackie. you listening, Mackie?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version