Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

FAQ: Use Airport Express to Stream Break Music Wirelessly from iPad to DL1608

<< < (2/8) > >>

WhatsThatSound:
Never tried Imusic and only have MF and DJ app running on Ipad for whole show. The drop outs have occurred during DJ app use, usually have 2 songs cued and never go back to Master Fader until the break is over. I will try switching to 5ghz.

WK154:
It's Air-wave congestion at 2.4 gig. This of course would increase as more people check their e-mails etc. during intermission. Old Bluetooth devises are also part of the problem and lets not forget those Microwave ovens going at some venues as people order food. Best choice for now is 5 gig until it gets crowded.

Robert:
I use an old iPod streaming Pandora "Irish Pub Rock" into ch 16 of the DL through a special XLR cable I made to combine R+L into a single signal.  This work fine if you are ok with a mono signal.  I think I used 10K resistors on the summing network. I've slept since I made it.  :o.  I might add, this cable would work for the Airport Express if you wanted to save a channel.

Kevin:
Also - If you are using 2.4Ghz band, turn off the bluetooth in your iPad to avoid unnecessary interference (handy tip from Dan on old forum). This is probably a good thing to do whether you are streaming music or not.

Jerrylee:

--- Quote from: Robert on March 26, 2013, 12:10:45 AM ---I use an old iPod streaming Pandora "Irish Pub Rock" into ch 16 of the DL through a special XLR cable I made to combine R+L into a single signal.  This work fine if you are ok with a mono signal.  I think I used 10K resistors on the summing network. I've slept since I made it.  :o.  I might add, this cable would work for the Airport Express if you wanted to save a channel.

--- End quote ---

Why don't you just put your iPod on mono mode? You did a lot of work to combine the signals when the iPod could do it for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version