Author Topic: Master Fader 4 Trouble  (Read 8286 times)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: Master Fader 4 Trouble
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 09:15:27 AM »
Of course, I'd forgotten that. So my iPad2 may be fine, I will try MF3 on the iPad3 and see if it's worse than on the iPad2. Does anybody here use iOS9 on an iPad2 (mine is on iOS7, the iPad3 is on iOS8 and the mini on iOS9)? Ironically MF4 seems to run just fine on my old iPhone 4s (admittedly with the iPhone reduced graphics set). Which iOS are you running RR?

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 11:13:18 AM »
Of course, I'd forgotten that. So my iPad2 may be fine, I will try MF3 on the iPad3 and see if it's worse than on the iPad2. Does anybody here use iOS9 on an iPad2 (mine is on iOS7, the iPad3 is on iOS8 and the mini on iOS9)? Ironically MF4 seems to run just fine on my old iPhone 4s (admittedly with the iPhone reduced graphics set). Which iOS are you running RR?

I’m running iOS 9 on my iPad 2 and by itself it’s very responsive. But running MF 4 on it, in my particular experience, is very sluggish. The iPad 2 stays docked and is used only for backup, if the wireless or heaven forbid, my iPad Air 2 decides to tank for any reason.

But running MF 4 on the Air 2 is great. It responds very quickly without any lag, to my eyes. I think MF 4 was really designed to take advantage of the more powerful Air and Air 2 plus any new models like the Pro.  I also run MF4 aka: My Fader 4 on my iPhone 5C with iOS 9 for remote work and it runs just fine, as you mentioned Sam, with your 4S.  :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:14:59 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 12:26:50 PM »
I think I'll stick with MF 2 for now, I know it inside out and would feel challenged with MF3/4 initially. I should really get my finger out and properly learn X32-Mix before updating Master Fader as I have a gig that requires the X32 rig in May.

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 04:00:04 PM »
I think mf4 is designed for ios9 running it on ios8 or 7 could be the cause of all the lag
Im running an ipad2 on ios9 and dont have lag

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 05:26:23 PM »
I'm running iOS 9.21 on both of my iPad 2's and my original iPad mini and MF4 is fine on all of them IMO.