Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Future = IOS7 Goodbye iPad First Gen

<< < (3/5) > >>

WK154:
That may be so but are they interested in your business? Their smallest business iPod would be a lucrative one for a small company but their debating dumping it. Yes they are flush with cash but are they spending it?

abzurd:

--- Quote from: WK154 on February 28, 2014, 08:47:06 PM ---That may be so but are they interested in your business?

--- End quote ---

Specifically mine? no... no public company is. The driver is investor return. Whatever gives them the biggest pop for the least amount of effort wins. If that's superb support on a current product then that wins, if that's "Apple TV sets" then that's where they'll focus, whether I want to buy one or not.  Believe me I get it. I'm neither defending or attacking Apple.

WK154:
Lets just hope that iOS v7.1 will fix the audio problem otherwise we can scratch iPad playback off the list of features for the DL.

abzurd:

--- Quote from: WK154 on February 28, 2014, 09:00:01 PM ---Lets just hope that iOS v7.1 will fix the audio problem otherwise we can scratch iPad playback off the list of features for the DL.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. As of now I've done just that. Given my ipad 1 will no longer be supported, any future upgrade to Masterfader has to be worth $300 to me (approximate cost of a backup ipad), or I'll stand pat with a 15 channel mixer with mono music playback via channel 16.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: bcbeak on February 26, 2014, 06:27:57 AM ---Feeling betrayed again .. Mackie email announced that all future releases will require IOS 7.
That bricks my iPad First Gen which I have been nursing along and have set aside for band use only.

Now I have to decide if this mixer is worth buying another iPad and if I bought a newer iPad would
have to shell out more $$ for the adapters. At that rate might as well get a new mixer. We never use the
ipad remotely .. (no sound guy) because we are busy setting up as fast as we can.

We all knew that this day would come .. but cmon .. 1 year of use and I need all new equipment?  I really
want to love this thing .. but they are really making it hard.

What am I missing?  Talk me off the ledge ...
--- End quote ---

That really sucks indeed! I just got a 1608 with the 30 pin connector, 'cause I already have an iPad 2. I also was able to buy new a iPad 2 at a good price. I plan to keep one docked all the time and use the other one for wireless control at gigs. When my ipads die, I'll have to decide whether to convert it to a Lightning dock for iPad Air or whatever new iPad comes down the pike

I was sitting on the fence for a long time trying to decide which digital mixer to buy. Availability, the ease of use of Master Fader and good experience with past Mackie gear has convinced me to buy the DL and go down the iOS rabbit hole for now. All this techie stuff is built around obsolescence and unfortunately we all have to pay to play. I'll probably regret my decision down the road. At what point do you stop upgrading??? By then there will be something else that's even more fantastic than what we have now and I will probably jump on that particular bandwagon too. OIY! More money!  ::)

I would stick with what you have for now and maybe look around for an iPad 2 ( it has the 30 pin connector)  at a bargain price. That should keep you going for a few more years.  ;) Please forgive me for rambling on so long?  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version