Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

My opinions of the DL's built in effects

(1/3) > >>

Sir Krang:
I have a 5000watt QSC PA.
2xKsubs coupled together, 1xKW181, and 2xK12

(Monitor system is 5 x K10, and a cuppla cheap and cheerful Behringer eurolive B215's for drum monitor or whatever)

I've never been overly impressed by the reverb in my DL1608, but today I sat down in my shed for a cuppla hours and played with various stuff.
I don't do many gigs, so between gigs my PA becomes my man cave "stereo" which allows me to plug a mic in and try stuff whenever I feel like it.

Today I've dialled up some pretty decent vocal reverbs. No they ain't "Pro" quality, but they sound pretty good for small venue vocal verbs.
I've always just used the modern PEQ to EQ the FX. Never bothered with the vintage EQ until today, and have consequently discovered some pretty nice sounds.
It's almost like the "vintage" EQ has added a bit of warmth to the otherwise sterile sounding onboard effects.

I've never had a problem with the delay effects. I simply always use the "tape echo" and just EQ it slightly different for any given venue. But once again it's not a "Pro" quality effect, but perfectly usable for the kinds of gigs, and venues I do.

I really only wanted to throw my 2 cents into the mix. One of the most commonly disliked features of the DL series seems to be the onboard effects.
But after a few hours of experimentation I'm pretty happy with them, all things considered.

Cheers :)

RoadRanger:
Screen shots? :)

Sir Krang:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on February 23, 2015, 04:43:54 AM ---Screen shots? :)

--- End quote ---

Really?

Ok I'll take a couple and upload em later.

Sir Krang:

RoadRanger:
Which reverb "preset" did you start from? It'd be real helpful if you could read the number settings of the 4 sliders too. I actually documented all the presets early on, dunno if they are still the same?
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dl1608/database

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version