Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

My opinions of the DL's built in effects

<< < (3/3)

Sir Krang:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on February 23, 2015, 06:35:16 PM ---I think I'm using "TheHall" too, I'll have to give your EQ a try :) . Unfortunately with only one 'verb it gets shared between the vocals, horns, snare, and sometimes keys so dunno if that EQ will work well for all?

--- End quote ---
Most gigs I do have an electronic drum kit so no reverb needed except for vocals, and an occasional acoustic guitar.

I've never had more than 2 effects units in my rack for 25+ years, so I'm happy to live with the 2 in my DL.
More would be nice though.

And being "stuck" with only one reverb means I just EQ it to serve as general duty. Not ideal, but then none of my gigs/bands/venues are ideal either.
I don't use any FX at all in the big old echoey town halls I work in.

pytchley:

--- Quote from: Sir Krang on February 24, 2015, 10:56:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: RoadRanger on February 23, 2015, 06:35:16 PM ---I think I'm using "TheHall" too, I'll have to give your EQ a try :) . Unfortunately with only one 'verb it gets shared between the vocals, horns, snare, and sometimes keys so dunno if that EQ will work well for all?

--- End quote ---
Most gigs I do have an electronic drum kit so no reverb needed except for vocals, and an occasional acoustic guitar.

I've never had more than 2 effects units in my rack for 25+ years, so I'm happy to live with the 2 in my DL.
More would be nice though.

And being "stuck" with only one reverb means I just EQ it to serve as general duty. Not ideal, but then none of my gigs/bands/venues are ideal either.
I don't use any FX at all in the big old echoey town halls I work in.

--- End quote ---

Check out page 11 in this thread. http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=771.msg10529#msg10529 Now you can have a second reverb 1 million times better than Mackie's lamentable offering.

Sir Krang:
I used the reverb setting I mentioned above at last nights gig.
Quite nice sounding. Nothing spectacular but very usable.

I'm going to spend a few more sessions in my man cave and see if I can dial up a few more custom presets.

I've always liked subtle plate reverb on vocals but haven't so far been happy with the DL's offerings.

Right at this point though I'm reasonably convinced that to get at least half reasonable reverbs from the DL a good starting point is to use the "vintage" PEQ as really does sound like it "sweetens" otherwise sterile sounding reverb presets.

It's working for me, but your mileage may vary  8)

ijpengelly:
Don't suppose anyone got any further with these?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version