Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL1608 assign "effects" to aux sends only?

(1/5) > >>

rhythmrider:
Hi, I am looking at purchasing the DL1608 but had a question about a feature that I could not find documented.
Like most people, I intend to use many of the aux outs as monitor mixes. So it makes sense to be able to assign "effects" like feedback suppression and eq to these aux mixes.

I do not want to assign these "effects" to channels, because I do not want to affect the main mix, only the "monitor mix"

So the deal breaker question before I purchase one of these is, "Can effects be assigned to the aux send "mixes"?
or as an alternative, can "effects" be assigned to channels, but selectively be "posted" only to appear in an aux mix?

Did I make that clear as mud?

dpdan:
it was clear as mud  :)

you said... "I do not want to assign these "effects" to channels, because I do not want to affect the main mix, only the "monitor mix"

That was hard to understand because you don't assign effects to channels, but you can assign channels to effects.

There is only one reverb "effect" and just like an aux mix, you need to "turn up" whatever input channels that you want in the reverb.
Each of the six monitor "Aux" outputs have faders for all the input channels, including the reverb and delay channels.

If for instance, Sally is mix one and she does not want any reverb in her mix, just leave the "reverb" fader all the way down in her mix. 
Each monitor output does NOT have the ability to have sa different reverb.

You mentioned "effects such as feedback suppression and EQ"
Feedback suppression is not an effect and the DL 1608 does not have any feedback suppression.   

sam.spoons:
And EQ is available on every channels (on an individual channel basis) and outputs (both PEQ and GEQ on every output).

Rdmitch:
I think the question was whether the effects can be made to come thru the monitor mix only
and not the main mix. I have never tried this but as dan indicated each of the aux sends has a Reverb and delay out send.
I've done the opposite and took all the FX out,of the monitors.
 I'm sure someone here has tried it. If not, I can try it for you when I rehook my system up tomorrow afternoon.

sam.spoons:
I'm still using MF2. The reverb and delay have individual channel sends (like auxs on an analogue desk) and the return from each fx can be routed to any output so it's easy to have reverb in one or more aux outputs and/or the mains.

I'm sure someone else will be along to detail any improvements MF has brought to the table (I'll probably try MF3 again soon).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version