Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

my fader app not seeing dl1608 mixer

(1/3) > >>

K-Dubber:
Hope someone can help with this - I've got a docked ipad running Master Fader 3.1, a mobile ipad also running MF3.1, able to control the dl1608 wirelessly. But my iphone 5s running My Fadder 3.0 can't find the desk, it just says "no device available" when I try to connect. I've checked to see that I'm on the correct wireless network (using the apple express) - any ideas why my phone isn't able to sync up? Thanks.

Wynnd:
Start with making sure you are attaching your iphone 5S to the same WiFi network as your mixer is on.  Mine has attached to other nearby networks and I had to move it.  (That is probably where your problem is.)  If this is the first time you've used this app, you might not be aware of where to connect to the mixer.  (ignore this if you've been using it in the past.)   Other's have been using My Fader 3.0.2 with Master Fader 3.1 with no problems and Beno has reported that it works just fine.   If you're doing everything right and it's still not seeing the mixer, do a reboot of your iphone and if that doesn't do it, I'd shoot a message off to Mackie reporting as much as you can find.  Yours would be the first failure to work that I've heard of.

Wynnd:
Pretty sure I had one instance where I had to fully shut down and reboot an ipad to see the mixer.  I'm just used to quirky things happening with tablets.  (Generally computers are better but even they get weird from time to time.)

K-Dubber:
Cheers for the replies guys! Fairly new to the dl1608 but I got the 2nd iPad connected to the wifi straight away and then did exactly the same routine with the phone only for it to not hook up. I'll definitely try the shutdown & restart phone idea thanks 😊

Wynnd:
In my case, I have my iphone hooking up to so many different Wifi networks.  My ipad mini only hooks up to two.  (Home and the PA)  Hope the reboot helps.  If that doesn't, you might have to delete My Fader and reload it.  That's pushing, but it's worked for me with problem Apps before. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version