Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

The mackie DL1608 white noise saga continued..

<< < (29/30) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
My Soapbox:

We shouldn’t have to worry about whether or not the sync and white noise issues are fixed. Any of these platforms should work out of the box until the day they die. No questions. Period. A software/firmware update(s) should fix it if needed. We shouldn’t have to set up at a venue and either cross ourselves, say a prayer, bring in an exorcist, or a truckload of backup gear and hope that when that power switch is turned on, the blessed thing works every time.
Unfortunately, it seems like every new product, in the real world too, is in the same “sittin’ on the fence” category in this day and age.

I’m really getting old to remember when most products were built, way back in time, they almost out lasted us. Not anymore. Oh well. I guess if we didn’t have issues with stuff there wouldn’t be forums like this one to be a part of. There’s not a whole lot we can do about it. Even if we choose not to buy a certain product and go elsewhere, we’re going to run into, if not the same issues, different annoying problems. That’s life.

Fingers, Eyes and Toes Crossed!

Enough said.

Getting off Soapbox now.

Wynnd:
I've had one car out of three brand new North American built cars with no problems straight off the show room floor.  Perfection is the exception, not the rule in brand new products.  Mackie should be worlds ahead by making Master Fader 3.0 work for all their ipad centric mixers.  And thanks for the incredible upgrade for our DL1608s.  I fully don't expect things to ever be perfect, and so far I've never been surprised when things aren't perfect.  I am pretty happy when things are functional and generally, my DL1608 experience has been quite functional.  It was a good purchase for me.  It has become a better one with each Master Fader upgrade.  (Wasn't expecting that.)  My only question is will this mixer carry me through my retirement from this business.  Only time will tell.

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on November 18, 2014, 08:00:17 PM ---Unfortunately, it seems like every new product, in the real world too, is in the same “sittin’ on the fence” category in this day and age.
--- End quote ---

I had very high hopes for the QSC TouchMix. They released with only onboard wifi, and only ad-hoc networking. It's barely functional under good conditions. They've promised to fix it, but they're not saying exactly how or when.

WK154:

--- Quote from: nottooloud on November 19, 2014, 07:40:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on November 18, 2014, 08:00:17 PM ---Unfortunately, it seems like every new product, in the real world too, is in the same “sittin’ on the fence” category in this day and age.
--- End quote ---

I had very high hopes for the QSC TouchMix. They released with only onboard wifi, and only ad-hoc networking. It's barely functional under good conditions. They've promised to fix it, but they're not saying exactly how or when.

--- End quote ---
They promised Jan 22 2015 V2.0 will fix a lot of WiFi. Another more powerful dongle with both Frequencies as I mentioned would go a long way to range and interference issues. Let's see if they meet their deadline.

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: WK154 on November 21, 2014, 05:50:40 PM ---They promised Jan 22 2015 V2.0 will fix a lot of WiFi. Another more powerful dongle with both Frequencies as I mentioned would go a long way to range and interference issues. Let's see if they meet their deadline.

--- End quote ---

Where did you see that date?

I'm more interested in them implementing normal networking than I am in buy a new dongle to suffer all the issues with ad-hoc from a little farther away.

[EDIT]

I hit this forum first. I'm really impressed. I never expected them to go all in. Ad-hoc is to be joined by access point, normal use connect to network, and even my fondest wish, USB/ethernet. And a release date. Wow.

http://forum.qscservice.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4489&p=17855&sid=fb0827ba6b3efb07f86b843670da7493#p17855

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version