Other Digital Mixers > Behringer X-Air

Compression on Vocal Channels

(1/2) > >>

Harpman:
For years of using the Mackie DL1608 before switching to the XR18, I never had feedback issues period.  When I bought the XR18 for the first couple of gigs, everything worked great as expected.  The last 4 gigs have been not as forgiving in regards to feedback. Reviewing the differences between setup on the DL1608 and XR18 is that I turned on light compression and gating. Ever since then it's been a feedback war.  It is definitely related to the vocal channels. Shouldn't have deviated from a working model.  Lesson learned  :-[

RoadRanger:
Yah, I only use the comps on vocal channels as peak limiters for the screamers or in case someone pulls out a harmonica or trumpet or ?

Greg C.:
Is the feedback from mains or monitors? If it's monitors, make sure the sends are pre-channel processing. You don't want compression in the monitors.

Harpman:

--- Quote from: Greg C. on July 11, 2016, 07:45:29 PM ---Is the feedback from mains or monitors? If it's monitors, make sure the sends are pre-channel processing. You don't want compression in the monitors.

--- End quote ---

95% of the time it's monitors.  Attached is a screenshot of bus sends.  I'm assuming "pre-channel processing" equates to "Pre EQ"?  Right now, they are set to "Post EQ". The other issue I have is that I also sometimes have to EQ the monitors (Behringer B212D's tend to be very low end heavy.  If I set it to "Pre EQ", I lose the ability to EQ the monitors, correct?

Greg C.:
Correct as far as the EQ changes on the channel strip. But you can still EQ the aux bus itself which is what I do.

Greg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version