Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

I have had enough of the 1608

<< < (3/10) > >>

Gmul:
Gav here again. It did indeed only crash once but in our corporate game that's already once too much. Don't know much about the corporate game in other countries but in Ireland you are only as good as your Last show. Reputation is everything and we have a good one. Last night we had that eureka moment of what happens if this unit doesn't boot again..... Mid gig.  With some many variables at so many different occasions the least one can expect from your mixer is reliability. In our set up we have employed many forms of redundancy with the exception of the dl going down. We do still have .our mix wizard in the truck but that even demonstrates the lack of faith we have in this unit. We will be upgrading very soon.

Jerrylee:
I have done over 100 shows with the Mackie and zero, yes zero, crashes. I think your problem is you. Too much feedback? Figure out how to ring it out. I think you are just here to bash the dl1608. And omg get over the damn mute button thing. There are a lot more important issues. I have never bashed the dl. I have however bashed on Mackie and because of that I am waiting, patiently, to replace the dl with the x32 rack. You must be really shitty at mixing sound, or just really here to bash on the dl, which is also pretty shitty.

Dtg77:
Or maybe 100 shows in and it's meets your low expectations or talent ?? Seriously dude you don't want to get I to a slagging match here ;)

Buy the x32 disposable audio sound like its right up your alley ;)

robbocurry:
Just to clarify guys, was it the iPad app or the actual DL hardware that went down?

Dtg77:
Sorry dude, I diddnt make that clear. I don't know, the iPad was docked when it went down and we couldn't do anything untill it rebooted. My point is weather it was the pad or the desk it made no difference as one doesn't work without the other.

We did still have a second iPad going but that Gav 's for doing monitors mix and I don't know if his was able to control anything. I will ask him tomorrow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version