Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

I have had enough of the 1608

<< < (2/10) > >>

jlb:
How is it not a professional piece of equipment? I know many professionals that are using this mixer. This is what I do for a day job, not a hobby. Are you aware that the dynamics are pre Aux, and have to take this into account when using the compressor?

Dtg77:
This is also my job, we do in and around 100-120 shows a year. 
But no more with this piece of kit. I was taken by the glossy pics and the whole iPad thing but it is by far the cheapest piece of gear on our stage. In fairness you get what you pay for and we should be looking at a presonus to be honest

Dtg77:
Mind you I was really impressed by the new A&h desk

Trshot:
DTG77-

Sorry to hear that your not happy with your DL. Did it only crash that one time and are you mostly having a MON issue? Are you using compression?  If so check this out, http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=206.0

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: Dtg77 on April 14, 2013, 07:55:06 PM ---This is also my job, we do in and around 100-120 shows a year. 
But no more with this piece of kit. I was taken by the glossy pics and the whole iPad thing but it is by far the cheapest piece of gear on our stage. In fairness you get what you pay for and we should be looking at a presonus to be honest

--- End quote ---
I have two Presonus SLs, I'd hold out for the Qu. I plan to buy one. I had a few probs with multi recording on my first SL and never had the confidence to use it much after that for live recording. I know software & firmware updates have improved them but you still have to lug a laptop etc. Other than that they've been rock solid for me. 
I like the idea of multi recording via USB though. It'll give me an extra sweetener for hire customers. The SL 16.4.2 is £1650 (I paid £1950 in 2009) so for an extra £300 I'd wait. Reasound in Tyrone will have them in stock at the end of May, 2 hours up the road for you. How much for your DL btw?

Ps. I had a WZ3 immediately before my first SL. It took a while but I was/am very happy with the sound of it in comparison. A bit like the DL, it's only last weekend that I was getting what I wanted from it sound wise and got used with it's way of working. For smaller gigs I was using my SL16.0.2 for a month or so as I missed real knobs & faders. After the 1.4 update I pulled it out again and it started to fall into place for me. It has a niche, you know how small some of our gigs can be here on our sunny island;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version