Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

docked iPad loses sync

<< < (36/44) > >>

Sting:
Mackie sent me a new mixer and I still lose sync while docked.   I now undock during sets and re dock for charging during breaks.  SMH.

RoadRanger:
Yah, I don't normally have this issue because I have two iPads and the that one stays docked is usually at 100% charge. I didn't charge that one up before my gig last weekend and had all sorts of connection problems with it. I'm now wondering if it is the fast charge that is screwing up the communications. Someone posted that they cut the charging line in their extension cable and had good connection. AFAIK the DL1608 is the only iPad connectivity device made that fast charges while passing data back and forth? Rather than completely disabling charging I wonder if it would be fine if we just disabled the fast charging but allowed slow charging - I believe there is just a "fast charge enable" pin on the 30 pin connector that would need to be disconnected, dunno how that works on the lighting connector. It'd be really cool if those of us with the 30 pin could just cut a trace on the connector daughterboard and magically have all our connectivity issues go away :) .

WK154:
I wish it was that easy but the charging info is sent via the USB +- lines with varying voltage levels. See pinout on 30 pin connector.
http://www.allpinouts.org/index.php/Apple_iPod,_iPad_and_iPhone_dock
Note the analog audio lines are not used by the DL. Also be aware that the female connector shown is upside down from the DL's, check where the contacts are.

RoadRanger:
Maybe a series resistor on the power line would work just as well?

Sting:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on September 18, 2014, 03:27:21 PM ---Yah, I don't normally have this issue because I have two iPads and the that one stays docked is usually at 100% charge. I didn't charge that one up before my gig last weekend and had all sorts of connection problems with it. I'm now wondering if it is the fast charge that is screwing up the communications. Someone posted that they cut the charging line in their extension cable and had good connection. AFAIK the DL1608 is the only iPad connectivity device made that fast charges while passing data back and forth? Rather than completely disabling charging I wonder if it would be fine if we just disabled the fast charging but allowed slow charging - I believe there is just a "fast charge enable" pin on the 30 pin connector that would need to be disconnected, dunno how that works on the lighting connector. It'd be really cool if those of us with the 30 pin could just cut a trace on the connector daughterboard and magically have all our connectivity issues go away :) .

--- End quote ---

Yes I run two iPads also...my first gen.  Stays docked/undocked at the mixer.  Not a huge deal to me because I will be going to the lightening tray eventually.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version