Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Behringer X32 Series - The Quickening

<< < (2/13) > >>

Jerrylee:
Hey robbocurry the "I love Behringer vapourware and hate the Mackie DL" forum did exist. It was the Mackie forums. That's why it was shut down. I am glad you love your Mackie so much that it is unlikely you would buy a superior product. It amazes me how "stuck" people can get when it comes to music gear. What also amazes me is that a ton of Mackie fanboys continue to make requests about what they would like to see in the dl that will exist in the behringer, and almost certainly never in the dl. And yet they keep saying they are "unlikely" to switch. Ignorance is bliss.

And one more thing. Please look up the definition of vaporware before you continue to use it wrong. You are making a terrible accusation by using that word. Just because something isn't available yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Big example is um...the dl1608. Was called vaporware itself but was never really vaporware. The term vaporware is used after a product doesn't exist. But being as though the x32 line does exist, calling it vaporware comes of as a little bit of jealousy and fanboy like. The dl was called vorporware because it Mackie announced a release date of May, then June, then July, then September and then it came out in October. I am so much more satisfied with behringers "coming soon". I don't feel like they are lying or trying to deceive me like Mackie did.

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: Jerrylee on April 06, 2013, 11:10:10 AM ---Hey robbocurry the "I love Behringer vapourware and hate the Mackie DL" forum did exist. It was the Mackie forums. That's why it was shut down. I am glad you love your Mackie so much that it is unlikely you would buy a superior product. It amazes me how "stuck" people can get when it comes to music gear. What also amazes me is that a ton of Mackie fanboys continue to make requests about what they would like to see in the dl that will exist in the behringer, and almost certainly never in the dl. And yet they keep saying they are "unlikely" to switch. Ignorance is bliss.

And one more thing. Please look up the definition of vaporware before you continue to use it wrong. You are making a terrible accusation by using that word. Just because something isn't available yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Big example is um...the dl1608. Was called vaporware itself but was never really vaporware. The term vaporware is used after a product doesn't exist. But being as though the x32 line does exist, calling it vaporware comes of as a little bit of jealousy and fanboy like. The dl was called vorporware because it Mackie announced a release date of May, then June, then July, then September and then it came out in October. I am so much more satisfied with behringers "coming soon". I don't feel like they are lying or trying to deceive me like Mackie did.

--- End quote ---
I'd hardly call myself a "Mackie fanboy", this is the only piece of Mackie equipment I've ever owned in the 30 years I've been a musician. I do think that you have real vitriol for Mackie, did they shoot your dog or something? In fact i think you are a Behringer fanboy, do you have any ties to the company? Until the x32 rack is in customers hands it's an unknown quantity and the X16 is definitely "vapourware". The x32 rack and DL are in completely different price brackets here in the UK (or so it would seem). I can't see any sense in comparing them, they will be targeting very different budgets. Regarding not buying a "superior product", I already own better and more featured mixers than the Mackie. I might even buy an x32, if the warranty is very good. The Mackie doesn't have to die or be rubbish for the x32 to exist, but reading these posts you'd think that was the case. It does a job and has a feature set that we both were prepared to spend money on. I don't feel cheated. It's not perfect but it's not a "pos" either.
When I need to upgrade one of my mixers, I'll probably just buy something "superior" to the "next big thing" Behringer.

Jerrylee:
Robbocurry please research the definition of vaporware before you continue to use it incorrectly. You can't say some is "defineltly vaporware" if you seem to not comprehend its true meaning. Would you really like me to explain it to you?

robbocurry:
Jerrylee, I'm fully aware what it means, perhaps you need enlightened:

[mass noun] Computing, informal
software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.

ix16 = vapourware

Would you like to explain to me how I am wrong here, I'd really like to know?
If you're referring to the x32 rack, I had eluded that it was still an unknown quantity because no paying customer had one yet. I'm fully aware that the x32 rack exists in a tangible form. My inference was towards the DL clone that the Behringer fanboys love so much. Before you reply and offer to explain the word "clone" to me, don't bother. I'm using it sarcastically because I know the ix16 or whatever it's called is vastly superior. At least in theory......

Jerrylee:
Robbocurry did you make up that definition to suit your statements? Because that us incorrect. Vaporwares true meaning deals with computer software and hardware that is announced but NEVER actually released nor cancelled. Which means until it has not been released or never officially canceled it can't be termed as " definitely vaporware". So when it is released, and it will be, then your vaporware comment will be proven to be ignorant at best.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version