Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Routing Question

<< < (5/6) > >>

JMc:
All I know is, as soon as I got rid of the compression on my vocal channels, I've never had a problem with feedback.  Zero.  And I can belt out the vocals too.  Like Eric Burdon - it's all a matter of mic technique.

RoadRanger:
You can really only use significant compression on vocals without monitors unless you love feedback. I do generally set the compression thresholds at -17dB on the vocal channels and use them just to shave off the occasional extreme peaks.

Wynnd:
You've got to get a preacher on your system to understand my usage.  And no, I rarely use any compression of musicians and singers.

yigba:
Just did another gig this past Saturday and could not get the system to feedback at all even trying to invoke the AFS module in the Driverack PA2.

The Audix OM-6's seem to have worked magic for my rig.

WK154:
Glad you found the problem and as I stated before it's best to stop problems at the source than to band-aid them down the road. The OM-6 are hyper-cardioid the SM-58 are cardioid. For tight performance spaces the narrower pickup pattern of the OM-6 will be much better to avoid stage wash. The next step would be noise cancellation mics. I personally like the OM-2 over a SM-58 for cardioids.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version