Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

WiFi and Apple

(1/4) > >>

WK154:
Being that the only way to communicate with the rest of the world from an iPad is via WiFi, not allowing tools to aid in the process by Apple is a major design flaw. Maybe iOS 8 will fix that problem but don't hold your breath. So your choices narrow down to Android, PC, Mac or standalone tools. By now Apple, who claims that some secret software frameworks are the reason for this, should have provided the tools themselves.  :(

Wynnd:
That is how every other tablet is.   I don't understand the complaint or why it's aimed at Apple.  Wifi is a very well defined standard that the entire computer industry uses.  No secrets there.  So what would you want on an ipad that you don't have?

iBloke:

--- Quote from: WK154 on July 06, 2014, 05:24:29 AM ---Being that the only way to communicate with the rest of the world from an iPad is via WiFi...

--- End quote ---

.... ummm ..huh?

Both my iPads have SIM cards and I regularly use both 3G and 4G mobile connections for Skype (etc)

Or am I missing the point of your post?

Wynnd:
I'm assuming the complaint is that there is no wired network port.  That would be inconvenient.  I hope he gets back to us.   I do not understand.  I could understand complaining about Mackie only supporting ios devices.  I always prefer cross platform software.  I use Cubase for a DAW and it is so cross platform that I can record or mix down on a mac or a PC or swap between them.  Usage is controlled with a license dongle so I can install the software where ever I want but only use it where the dongle is attached to a USB port.  (And I have recorded on a mac and mixed on a PC in the past.  Currently I don't use it on the PC anymore.) 

WK154:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on July 06, 2014, 09:49:40 AM ---That is how every other tablet is.   I don't understand the complaint or why it's aimed at Apple.  Wifi is a very well defined standard that the entire computer industry uses.  No secrets there.  So what would you want on an ipad that you don't have?

--- End quote ---
I guess you missed the point altogether, it's about software support to find free channels for reliable WiFi communications. Such as is available for Android etc.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.srm.wifichannelanalyzer&hl=en
Yes 3G and 4G is available but currently limited to major cities and in the context of "DL" not to useful. No USB of any value is a major drawback. Not so with every other tablet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version