Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

WiFi and Apple

<< < (3/4) > >>

WK154:
Wynnd it's not about your choices and I'm glad your satisfied with Apple, but about Mackie's choice. It's not about hardware or software failures it's about services to do a job. Why if I have a capable computer to control a device do I need another one because someone at Apple deems it not necessary to provide an obvious service, worse blocked it? Mackie provides no alternative. Add up all the equipment required to have a reliable mixer and you'll find the DL to be very expensive. Providing an open platform is not trying to be everything to everybody but instead provides more choices and flexibility. Apple on the other hand decides what you need for you and if that meets your needs and your OK with that great, I'm not.

Wynnd:
I get your anger.  You don't have to purchase anything Apple.  And you don't have to have a DL1608 or a Mackie mixer at all.  There are a lot of good looking mixers coming out or rumored to be coming out.  Hate Fords?  Don't buy one.  Hate Chevys ?  Don't buy one.  Just want to whine and complain about a product?  Maybe Facebook is a better place for that.  Know anything about Michelin Commander II tires?  I've been trying to find out the dirt on them and  it seems a bit hidden.  (Or nearly non-existant.)  I put one on the back of my motorcycle and I'm not sure I did enough research prior to the purchase.  On the other hand, it feels good and I'm about to leave on a motorcycle trip that might be 3000 miles.  (Or more.)  It will probably be OK.

WK154:
No anger here, just have a nice trip and come back in one piece. Mackie sanitized their Facebook page in case you didn't notice.  ;)

sam.spoons:
In my eyes Mackie went from being brilliant with their excellent forums and constant feedback from high level staff (thanks BenO) to being the devil incarnate after their disgraceful shut down of said forums. I was and still am totally disillusioned by this. I like my DL a lot, it's a very good mixer but the lack of feedback regarding the current crop of issues is very worrying and despite not suffering any of them (so far) I am probably going to buy another digital desk soon for bigger gigs and may relegate the DL to backup (if I think I can still trust it enough).

OTOH I always have my old Mackie 1202 in the car as a basic, vox only, backup and have done so from well before I bought the DL, analogue desks fail too :) I'm doing more bigger gigs these days though so the 1202 is probably not enough to get me out of trouble any more.

WK154:
I agree with you Sam but on the other hand they helped launch a manufacturer independent site (Thanks RR ) to deal with this product. Yes there are fan-boys and other distractions here but for the most part it's helpful facts and real world experiences.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version