Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

EQ’ing multiple songs

<< < (6/7) > >>

Jooles15:
Thanks to you all for your help on this, much appreciated. We’re playing a gig Saturday night, we’ve EQ’d the first half set during rehearsals (trained up my guy on the DL and he sat in the hall where we rehearse adjusting levels and EQ). We have the second half set somewhere pretty close (levels about right) and he will adjust these songs live Saturday night sat in the audience.

One further question if I could - with the iPad flat / disconnected the DL still processes sound, is it only processing the raw sound via the gain knob settings or does it use some other default?

WK154:
The DL1608 will use all settings to process the sound until you change it with the iPad. The iPad never processes any sound. The DL will retain all those settings if you loose connection or power. It will use the last settings when powering back on. Glad we could help.
Cheers and let us know how it went.

Jooles15:
Okay, the day after the night before. FOH sound pretty good, the room was a bit of a nightmare reflecting all over the place but we managed. The issue was stage sound, awful. We have a Matrix FR12 (FRFR) cab through which all sound passes pointing at the audience to complement our pair of 15 inch PA speakers and a 10 inch Laney monitor on the floor. The Matrix sounds amazing but is very focussed, you stand slightly to one side and it’s like a low pass filter has been added, all you get is the bass part of the spectrum. The Laney wedge is deliberately trebly to cut through. Our sound guy was happy with the FOH sound (ish, vocal could have been higher but feedback threatened so he dropped all other channels but everything was then too quiet). The biggest issue was stage sound, it sounded terrible to us and we want to enjoy the gig too. One easy fix is monitor levels, I have this controlled separately through the DL and this needs sorting for each song, some we could barely hear, others were blowing us off the stage with high volume treble 😬. This I can fix. I’m thinking about using the matrix as an additional monitor so we get a rich sound that closely resembles that heard by our audience.

WK154:
Great at least your audience got good sound. I wouldn't turn that Matrix on you (feedback city) instead I would look at IEM's (there's only two of you) especially since your FOH guy is new at this. You need to fix that backing track. Did you fix any of it? Your setup is bass heavy all around and your Vocal (female) can't go below 120Hz unless she's grown a beard. Remember that list I gave you it will come in handy for sound (pun intended)  :) advice. Do you have anything wireless (besides the iPad)?
Cheers

Jooles15:
Hello again, can’t work this one out.....

I have my main PA speakers connected to Main Outs L and R and a monitor connected to Aux 1. When I change the volume slider setting on a given channel, I want the the volume of that channel to change on both the Main Outs 1 and 2 (what the audience hear) and my monitor (what I hear). I’ve played around with VCA’s and feel I fully understand what they do but it strikes me that they are not the answer anyway.

Help!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version