Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Cheapest iPad that supports 5.1

<< < (2/2)

WK154:
Aha the usual lock-in catch. You still should be able to get something better than what you got from Amazon.

Wynnd:
White smear lines?  There are a few screen problems with iPads that are fixed with a sharp rap of the hand.  I had this happen to mine and while everywhere I looked it said a sharp rap, I was hesitant to try it.  I hit it medium and nothing changed and then a little harder and a little harder.  About the 6th hit the screen squared away and never gave me another problem.  By the way, it went screwy when I dropped it on the floor.  That should have been a clue.

WK154:
My experience with tablets that have failing batteries you will find a discoloration on the screen when power is off. This means the battery is starting to expand and press against the screen. My Tab A was in that condition so I replaced the battery, not for the faint of heart but not brain surgery either. You do need the tools and have done repairs before. My iPad 3 is starting to show signs of this problem but Apples tabs are a pain to deal with intentionally. The screen recovers when the pressure is off.

RoadRanger:
Hmm... I disabled all the battery sucks I could find and it seems to be doing much better with the battery life - disabled background app activity and put it on airplane mode etc. The screen only gets weird after a few minutes of being on (and is fine for up to  minute again after a quick off then on) so I doubt going Hammer Mechanic on it would be a permanent fix but who knows?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version