Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

X18, has the true DL killer finally arrived?

<< < (6/14) > >>

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 25, 2014, 07:06:20 PM ---I think they also need to add a few more PEQ's if your substituting it for the graphic Eq for feedback control.
--- End quote ---
Four notch filters ought to be enough, no?

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 25, 2014, 07:06:20 PM ---I wonder if the LPF made it to the input channels or did the required mod to the UI stop them?
--- End quote ---
Should be some simple cut&paste so I hope they do :) .

abzurd:
They flat out say in the video you'll have both graphic and PEQ

"In addition to the graphic EQ you now have 4 bands and a high pass filter and a low pass filter"

Note too the HPF and LPF now have selectable slopes of 6, 12, 18, 24 db per octave.

abzurd:
Also the addition of the HPF means you can better use the mixer as a crossover  when running aux fed subs. It would be nice though if they added a feature that allowed one main output to be lows and the other highs and you swipe a crossover point. Sure it would mean mono PA, but many are anyway and would allow yet another piece of rack gear to disappear from some rigs.

Greg C.:

--- Quote from: abzurd on January 25, 2014, 07:47:25 PM ---Also the addition of the HPF means you can better use the mixer as a crossover  when running aux fed subs. It would be nice though if they added a feature that allowed one main output to be lows and the other highs and you swipe a crossover point. Sure it would mean mono PA, but many are anyway and would allow yet another piece of rack gear to disappear from some rigs.

--- End quote ---

If they were able to implement HPFs on the outputs, it should have been trivial to add LPFs on the outputs as well. Another misstep. That said, the general consensus in the pro world as that the speaker processing shouldn't be in the mixer. But logistically, there no reason to not put that functionality in there these days. It could certainly come in handy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version