Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

X18, has the true DL killer finally arrived?

<< < (7/14) > >>

abzurd:

--- Quote from: Greg C. on January 25, 2014, 08:00:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: abzurd on January 25, 2014, 07:47:25 PM ---Also the addition of the HPF means you can better use the mixer as a crossover  when running aux fed subs. It would be nice though if they added a feature that allowed one main output to be lows and the other highs and you swipe a crossover point. Sure it would mean mono PA, but many are anyway and would allow yet another piece of rack gear to disappear from some rigs.

--- End quote ---

If they were able to implement HPFs on the outputs, it should have been trivial to add LPFs on the outputs as well. Another misstep. That said, the general consensus in the pro world as that the speaker processing shouldn't be in the mixer. But logistically, there no reason to not put that functionality in there these days. It could certainly come in handy.

--- End quote ---

I'm not following. They DID add LPF to the outputs (auxes and mains) and also added variable slopes.

Greg C.:
Ah, my mistake. So you can do a full crossover. High pass the main outputs for the tops at 24dB per octave, low pass the aux send to the subs the same.

WK154:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on January 25, 2014, 07:34:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on January 25, 2014, 07:06:20 PM ---I think they also need to add a few more PEQ's if your substituting it for the graphic Eq for feedback control.
--- End quote ---
Four notch filters ought to be enough, no?

--- End quote ---
Even the lowly DSP110 Sharc from B has 12 filters. I would go for 8 min. It depends on how hard you want to push it and of course the room acoustics as to how many filters you will need.

WK154:
Closer scrutiny of the video shows that the LPF didn't make it into the input channels. Yes Ben states that the new feature is in addition to what you already have but that doesn't mean you can use it simultaneously. V2.1 will clear all this up and I hope it's concurrent usage. I just hope it won't be a replay of "we're thoroughly testing it before release" for another month or so. Somebody hold his hands down. He'll still be able to talk he's not Italian. :)

Jerrylee:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 25, 2014, 09:06:59 PM ---I just hope it won't be a replay of "we're thoroughly testing it before release" for another month or so.

--- End quote ---

Are you seriously expecting anything else? They had nothing good to bring to Namm. This is all they could put together for it. It's just a dummy 2.1 program. They really should just stay home. It's like the old saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". For Mackie it should be "if you don't have anything nice to show, don't show anything at all".

They'll never learn their lesson.

And I know someone here will quote me. FYI, I do have plenty of nice things to say. I just can't think of any that apply to mackies marketing decisions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version