Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

X18, has the true DL killer finally arrived?

<< < (9/14) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
I am new here, so please bare with me? I have been looking at the Behringer pix of the x18 and didn't notice any facility for 48V phantom power anywhere on the unit. Did I miss it? 'Cause if there is no phantom for condenser mics, this is a big fail. Hope I'm wrong, because this one looks like it has potential. Of course this all depends on if it will be released in a reasonable amount of time, or released at all. Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks for reading! 8)

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on January 28, 2014, 03:34:54 PM ---I am new here, so please bare with me? I have been looking at the Behringer pix of the x18 and didn't notice any facility for 48V phantom power anywhere on the unit. Did I miss it? 'Cause if there is no phantom for condenser mics, this is a big fail. Hope I'm wrong,
--- End quote ---
Yup, you are ;) - phantom is switched in the app and is per-channel.

Keyboard Magic:
Thank you Road Ranger!!

That's excellent to know. It actually makes good sense to control phantom through the app and individual phantom on each channel. How cool is that? Someone else (M....e) should take note!

Greg C.:
Feature wise, the X18 is everything the DL should have been. I wonder when they're going to ship that thing. Technically it's already 2 years behind schedule since it was originally the X16 and then the iX16. Tick tock...

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Greg C. on January 28, 2014, 05:02:21 PM ---Feature wise, the X18 is everything the DL should have been. I wonder when they're going to ship that thing. Technically it's already 2 years behind schedule since it was originally the X16 and then the iX16. Tick tock...

--- End quote ---
Don't pass out holding your breath ;) . And everyone should realize how fast technology is evolving - the DL1608 was the best they could do at the time to have a product they could actually ship. It's easy to outdo it with a vaporware product LOL - and I'd certainly expect a product that starts shipping this summer/fall two long years after the DL1608 to be more advanced. OTOH Mackie has a lot they can do to the DL1608 to keep it competitive with 2-4 firmware updates a year :) .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version