Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

X18, has the true DL killer finally arrived?

<< < (14/14)

Wynnd:
About 2 years ago after using a Presonus Studio Live 24.4.2, my Wife asked me if I wanted one.  It's a nice mixer that I'm comfortable using, but it's not rack mountable, I don't need 24 channels and the price was more than I wanted to spend.  When I saw the DL1608 last August, I immediately saw the advantages in my life and it has been the first mixer to give me G.A.S. (And I didn't own an ipad so that became part of the price.)  I will admit that if I needed a 4 channel mixer for keyboards, I wouldn't hesitate to consider a Behringer.  But for a primary mixer?  I'm not there yet.  I hope their quality improves without raising their price much.  But that's my thought on any product that has gotten a bad reputation due to their own behavior.   It's my intention to bypass the Studiolive mixer at my senior's variety show this year and only use the DL1608. 

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on January 29, 2014, 05:16:18 PM ---^ We'll see where the DL1608 is feature-wise when the X18 ships. You may very well be right, although there are a LOT of people that like Mackie over Behringer. I suspect V2.1 within a month and that leaves time for V3 shipping when the X18 does :) .

--- End quote ---

+1 I think Ron hits the nail on the head. All this discussion is interesting but fairly pointless as only one of the products exists at the moment.

If the X16 was available when I purchased my DL I certainly would have considered them both but it wasn't and my decision was an easy one.

Cheers

Art

WK154:

--- Quote from: Fluddman on January 29, 2014, 09:52:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: RoadRanger on January 29, 2014, 05:16:18 PM ---^ We'll see where the DL1608 is feature-wise when the X18 ships. You may very well be right, although there are a LOT of people that like Mackie over Behringer. I suspect V2.1 within a month and that leaves time for V3 shipping when the X18 does :) .

--- End quote ---

+1 I think Ron hits the nail on the head. All this discussion is interesting but fairly pointless as only one of the products exists at the moment.

If the X16 was available when I purchased my DL I certainly would have considered them both but it wasn't and my decision was an easy one.

Cheers

Art

--- End quote ---
That may be true for impulse buyers but those of us doing a little planning and following the MI developments and the mfg. treatment of their customers certainly makes this quite relevant and certainly not pointless. You do need to weed out the fan-boy garbage from the real thing and that can be a challenge.

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 30, 2014, 01:15:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: Fluddman on January 29, 2014, 09:52:29 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Cheers

Art

--- End quote ---
That may be true for impulse buyers but those of us doing a little planning and following the MI developments and the mfg. treatment of their customers certainly makes this quite relevant and certainly not pointless. You do need to weed out the fan-boy garbage from the real thing and that can be a challenge.

--- End quote ---

Its proved a little difficult to impusle buy the X16 - there's certainly been lots of time for planning. I'd imagine by the time X18 is released there will be some better products in the pipeline. When do you buy?

WK154:
That was the point you don't impulse buy you plan for when you need something new and make sure all you requirements are met and then you don't look back. That would be the ideal but Murphy sometimes gets in the way. Broken equipment, good deal etc.
I wish I had a concrete answer but I don't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version