Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

AUX channels issues

<< < (4/5) > >>

Jerrylee:
Maybe ampli because you English is sh-t you don't know how to explain yourself. But based on what you actually said you are completely wrong or totally confused. Unless of course you left something out. As far as the aux channel goes there is no aux compressor and cannot be routed to an input channel. But if you meant use an external compressor connected to an aux and then to a channel then yes this is possible. But that is not what you actually said.

And here is an easier way to accomplish this. (This might also be what you meant too). You can just connect a cable from the aux out to an input. Mix 4 mics with the aux as a sub group. Then use the inputs channel compressor and send that to the mains. But this is still not what you said.

Topsøe:
"Re: AUX channels issues
« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:00:43 AM »
Maybe ampli because you English is sh-t you don't know how to explain yourself. But based on what you actually said you are completely wrong or totally confused. Unless of course you left something out. As far as the aux channel goes there is no aux compressor and cannot be routed to an input channel. But if you meant use an external compressor connected to an aux and then to a channel then yes this is possible. But that is not what you actually said.

And here is an easier way to accomplish this. (This might also be what you meant too). You can just connect a cable from the aux out to an input. Mix 4 mics with the aux as a sub group. Then use the inputs channel compressor and send that to the mains. But this is still not what you said."

@JerryLee

What he does will work perfectly :
Mix 4 vocals on an aux set to Pre (and not sending them to mains) ,use the Compressor on the Aux out ,return on a channel that is send to mains. He could also use the compressor on the return channel

Ampli:
Yes my english is not good ( not my native l)
Every aux has an compressor . And yes i forgot to mention the routing goes by jack jack or jack xlr cable ( thought people with a mind would get this)
I use it and it works
@jerry do you have an dl and experince in mixing??????
Gr marco

Jerrylee:
Here is a big question I have. Where the heck is the comp/limiter on the aux? I have never used it and if its there I cannot find it. Is it not available off line?

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Jerrylee on May 05, 2013, 11:03:26 AM ---Here is a big question I have. Where the heck is the comp/limiter on the aux? I have never used it and if its there I cannot find it. Is it not available off line?
--- End quote ---
Go to the aux's GEQ and swipe it down. It's tricky, you have to swipe using the narrow grey area at the top of the GEQ. I wish it was a button instead of this hard to figure out swipe :( .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version