Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V2.0 Wants and Speculation

(1/42) > >>

RoadRanger:
I think the five most needed "fixes" for me are:

#1: An "always visible" master FX mute on the top line just to the right of the "Mixer" button (when present),

#2: Stereo linking of inputs for keyboards and playback sources.

#3: Stereo linking of outputs for IEM's and/or keyboard monitors.

#4: Aux sends switchable to pre-comp, per aux and preferably per channel.

#5: Pad the iPad playback by 10 dB

Whatcha all think?

AbbaAgain:
All the above, and perhaps a switchable Aux 6 as a mono out, you would be able to set the output to the mono out but it would also increase or decrease with the main L,R masters. This would be great for running subs or connecting to a second P.A.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: AbbaAgain on March 27, 2013, 04:50:35 PM ---All the above, and perhaps a switchable Aux 6 as a mono out, you would be able to set the output to the mono out but it would also increase or decrease with the main L,R masters. This would be great for running subs or connecting to a second P.A.
--- End quote ---
If they do that I'd also want to be able to HPF the mains and LPF the aux so I could run aux driven subs without an external crossover :) .

AbbaAgain:
I'm all for that! ... While we are in the complete realms of fantasy , it would be great if some body designed a midi surface that the ipad  could plug into which would make all channels accessible with real faders and mute buttons. I say this as I recently did sound at a theatre for a performance of rent. It would have been great to have used the on board functions on the dl1608 , but to scroll and mute mics on the ipad for each number and hit the mute buttons dead on each time is impossible . But with a desk with real faders and mute buttons operating the ipad which in turn operated the 1608 would be amazing...I know it defeats the object of being able to walk around the venue with pad in hand, but for a theatre show with 16 mics that need constantly muting and un-muting , for me this would be great!

WK154:
Let me just summarize what is on the Mackie DL1608 Users Suggestion page top 5 that are possible with the existing hardware.  Probably should start one here for History.

1. Parametric Eq.'s or other means to deal with nasty feedback frequencies. There are duplicate requests that would be satisfied with this addition.
2. Groups (eight)  linking should be OK with this. DCA's would be able to live with this.
3. UI cleanup for display of used channels and my favorite MUTE in a different place. Some info on what your into on title page.
4. Mute Mains or break switch real basic. Some variants including mine.
5. RTA or other feedback indicators or solutions. Once again with #1

These are the top requests along with other convenience and ID access on the main page.

My prediction: You'll never see this because unless there is a major change at Mackie on ownership it will die at 1.4 although I would love to be wrong on this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version