Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V2.0 Wants and Speculation

<< < (19/42) > >>

ijpengelly:
Nottooloud, I think that my friend was running the latest version of iOS (6.11?) so any tips would be grately appreciated. I believe in the next revision of StageMix you'll be able to access dynamics and effects.

The ability to use more than one iPad / iDevice is something i haven't exploited that much, but I can see it being very useful, even if it is just so I can be greedy and have two iPads on the go at the same time.  :lol:
I hadn't thought of the auto-resynch, but yes great point.

Jkowtko, I suspect you are right and, whilst I will probably be flamed for saying it, I would rather that Mackie too the time to release a stable product than just firing out an update without thoroughly testing it. That is one thing I have generally been impressed with MasterFader, it very rarely crashes or hangs.

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: ijpengelly on June 25, 2013, 10:04:42 AM ---Nottooloud, I think that my friend was running the latest version of iOS (6.11?) so any tips would be grately appreciated.

--- End quote ---

There's lots of voodoo to try; forgetting and resetting the router, broadcasting the SSID or not, various models of routers. Connection may be improved by picking a static ip address. Yamaha mixers all use one, and it defaults to 192.168.0.128, so don't use that. The original iPad is stuck at iOS 5.1.1. On those you need to specify the router address. On iOS 6.nn (currently 6.1.3), you also need to specify the DNS, which is usually the same as the router address.

Once you get a stable setup, you should be able to forget about it. At the moment, I have an old Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N and a last gen Airport Extreme, and they're both solid. I had been using an old Airport Express, the one with a single ethernet port, but it doesn't play nice with my iPad Mini.

ijpengelly:
Thanks, I'll give those a go.

sam.spoons:
I had a look at UserVoice today and notice there are a couple of references to MIDI control of Master Fader. I suspect it may not be possible (and if it is it definitely won't be easy to implement) but what do you programmer dudes think? It would be great to be able to have an iPad and a Berry BCF2000 fader pack for FOH (wireless of course) best of both worlds, physical faders and touch screen. What set me looking is the boss has just bought a couple of BCF2000 to run the A&H iLive (with a PC for monitors and the T80 for FOH). I won't be selling the DL just yet either way but I'll bet the iX16 can do it  :-X

Jkowtko:
Since the DL itself doesn't support MIDI, I would think you'll need an app (iDevice or PC) that can talk both MIDI and DL.  If by chance the DL's protocol uses MIDI under the covers that might make it an easier programming effort ... but ultimately you would still need access to the DL's API -- or build your own equivalent -- to hook up this program to.

In general I think the future of digital consoles should be rack mounted I/O and DSP, with modular hard and soft control surfaces including sound consoles and personal monitor mixers.  MIDI would make sense as the protocol of choice for backward compatibility, but ideally something that runs well under wired or wireless ethernet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version