Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

dl1608 digital trim

<< < (3/4) > >>

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: nottooloud on December 19, 2014, 07:19:02 PM ---Got my iPad trims pulled all the way down here.

--- End quote ---
I'm used to pulling the master L&R down 10 db during breaks so don't have to "trim" as much ;) .

nottooloud:
I almost never touch my masters on any mixer. Especially on iPad controlled ones, where it's nearly impossible to zero the fader, short of typing in 0.

Kev tyler:

--- Quote from: nottooloud on December 19, 2014, 06:18:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kev tyler on December 17, 2014, 11:32:01 PM ---Why don't dl users just use a simple program to bring the overall level of MP3 s on the pad down to an acceptable level?

--- End quote ---

If they did, those same MP3s would be way too quiet to play anywhere else. You need about a 10dB drop to get decent fader travel on the iPad channel.

--- End quote ---

I have experienced a few acts who roll up with dodgy and all over the place backing tracks and so on, downloaded from you tube,  borrowed from another medium,but personally I have never had a problem with a mixer and or pa not being able to boost a  decent track  however low it's been mastered  to a sufficient level, especially for interval,  I don't really see a problem with having a couple of hours of interval music and backing tracks duplicated and labeled  differently for situations where different mixers would be accommodating my iPad,  I guess if you were a DJ, this would be a big deal given the mean storage on a pad or phone compared to a laptop of the same price, but for a few backing tracks and an interval cd, it's no problem surely?

Cheers

Kev

Kev tyler:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on December 19, 2014, 07:28:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: nottooloud on December 19, 2014, 07:19:02 PM ---Got my iPad trims pulled all the way down here.

--- End quote ---
I'm used to pulling the master L&R down 10 db during breaks so don't have to "trim" as much ;) .

--- End quote ---

Hi rr, I use MP3 gain.exe to normalize all my tracks and interval, but I always use either 2 instances of the playback app on a PC, or specific features of the iOS app to keep a differential between the two,

:)

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on December 20, 2014, 09:02:14 PM ---I don't really see a problem with having a couple of hours of interval music and backing tracks duplicated and labeled  differently for situations where different mixers would be accommodating my iPad,

--- End quote ---

So you just want to do extra work? I don't. And now that we have trims, there's no reason. If you still want to, though, by all means, go ahead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version