Author Topic: FAQ: You Can Go Back To V2.1.1 If You Really Have To, If You Must Of Course  (Read 17751 times)

nottooloud

• Knight
Re: FAQ: You Can Go Back To V2.1.1 If You Really Have To, If You Must Of Course
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 07:00:58 PM »
2.0? Really? Have you not updated your apps in a long time?

Moving it with DropBox won't help anything. Only iTunes can install apps on an iDevice without jailbreaking.

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 07:11:47 PM »
Thank you I was afraid of that.

So when I synced up the ipad to the macbook mg 2 came over.  How can I find it on my ipad and reinstall it?

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 07:12:50 PM »
Which version is on your iPad? I could go back because I've archived every version of every app I've ever had. When iTunes updates an app, I pull it out of the trash and stash it. Of course, I'm crazy.
Yeah crazy smart! It's a computer like it or not and you have to CYA with all the "new generation programmers" running wild. They haven't learned the basics. Not backing up is crazy.

In the app archive it has 2.0 and I don't have any version actually installed.  I did have 3.0 and removed it and I never attached it to the Dl1608.  Of course the DL has 2.1.1 on it.  Do I have a chance?

It shows 3.0

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 07:14:34 PM »
So when I synced up the ipad to the macbook mg 2 came over.  How can I find it on my ipad and reinstall it?

Not quite sure what you're saying or asking. Abbreviations don't work right here, because My Fader and Master Fader are two very different things.

What shows 3.0?

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 07:18:47 PM »
apologies  it shows Master Fader 3.0 in the app store on the ipad but 2.0 came over when I synched with my laptop.  I guess I should pour a stiff drink and give up.  It looks like I'm screwed and there is just no way out.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 07:21:23 PM »
Check in the trash on your macbook. Master Fader 2.1.1.ipa, or any version under 3.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 07:30:20 PM »
apologies  it shows Master Fader 3.0 in the app store on the ipad but 2.0 came over when I synched with my laptop.  I guess I should pour a stiff drink and give up.  It looks like I'm screwed and there is just no way out.
It should be quite obvious which version you have on your iPad, then have that drink. ;) The app store has nothing to do with what you have on the iPad and shut auto OFF.
When in doubt KISS

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 07:38:38 PM »
I don't any loaded on the ipad.  i did just give a better look to the version that came over when I synced to the mac and it isn't Master Fader 2.0 it is 1.3 so I am wasting all of your time any way so I apologize for that.

I was wondering if I were to go out and buy a used ipad to download 2.1 on what model would I look for?  It's mu understand that if it is to old for 3.0 apple will make 2.1 available?  yes - no?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2014, 07:44:17 PM »
It is believed that an original iPad running iOS 5 will load the last "2" version. Actually any iPad that still has iOS 5 should also?

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 07:45:34 PM »
Again thank you all.  Merry Christmas to those that celebrate it.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 08:10:47 PM »
It is believed that an original iPad running iOS 5 will load the last "2" version. Actually any iPad that still has iOS 5 should also?

Oh, that's clever. I just tried it on my iPad classic. It works.

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2014, 08:19:27 PM »
Ok last try here, can i roll my ipad back to 5?  If so does anybody here know how?

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2014, 08:21:03 PM »
Nope.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 08:38:03 PM »
If you have MF2.something.ipa in your iTunes you should be able to revert, I haven't actually tried it but if you delete MF3 from your iTunes library and then  copy the MF2.ipa into the same folder it should load onto your iPad when you sync. It doesn't really matter which version your DL has as it can be persuaded to load the firmware from whichever version the iPad connected is running.

RR, I'm not sure any iPad with iOS5/6 would load MF2, unless you have a 1st gen iPAD, I think Apple would force you to update to iOS8 rather than load an old version of MF. i'M ser.... sorry, I'm seriously considering a jailbreak on my iPad to get out of the Apple straightjacket, I did try it with my old iPod Touch and didn't find it an especially good experience but if I do I'll post my thoughts.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2014, 09:01:07 PM »
Ok last try here, can i roll my ipad back to 5?  If so does anybody here know how?

Rolling back iOS is damn near impossible (I don't really understand why.......). I do know you need to have stored your "SHSH Blobs" (whatever TF they are...) from your iOS5 install to do so. I suspect if you could borrow a 1st gen iPad and sync it to your iTunes it would have to load MF2 so if you have a mate with one, get him to back it up and let you give it a try.