Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iPhone constantly kicking off wifi using MyFader

<< < (3/3)

sam.spoons:
I've just experienced this problem for the first time. It was in a bar with several strong WiFi signals, my iPod Touch and iPhone 4S (both on iOs6) would not stay connected for more than a minute or two though the iPad (2, iOs 5) was fine. Also I had considerable difficulty getting each of them to find the DL and connect initially. I've just set the DL up at home and everything is working fine so I suspect the crowded WiFi bandwidth (although the bar was quiet so not many punters with smartphones cluttering the airwaves up :-). Quite worrying, but I'm about to aquire a second iPad so I guess I can live without My Fader if the venue proves difficult.

Ram:
Does that mean that the IPAD connecting at 5Ghz has no issues, whereas the Myfader connecting at 2.4 GHz has this issues?
-Ram

RoadRanger:
Make sure all you all read this:
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=193
I just updated it a bit :) .

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Ram on June 11, 2013, 06:22:54 PM ---Does that mean that the IPAD connecting at 5Ghz has no issues, whereas the Myfader connecting at 2.4 GHz has this issues?
--- End quote ---
5 GHz routers are presently MUCH rarer than 2,4GHz ones so you are much less likely to run into interference on the 5 GHz band :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version