Author Topic: Aux issue last night  (Read 3559 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Aux issue last night
« on: September 29, 2013, 03:17:54 PM »
I haven't gone through all the troubleshooting yet, but last night after working in the first set, Aux 4 would quit sending anything to the Aux 4 master.  I could get it working, but any change in screens would reset it again back.  (No signal reflected on the Aux 4 master in spite of indicated input signal and raised channel slider.)  I ended up moving those duties to Aux 5 which worked just fine the rest of the night.  The unit is about a month old and this sounds like a hardware issue to me.  (I fully shut the ipad off and restarted it.  No change.)   Last night I had the extra Aux available.  That won't always be an option.  After running through all the suggested troubleshooting in the manual, I will probably be contacting Mackie. 

Anyone else run into this issue or something similar?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Aux issue last night
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 03:54:39 PM »
I'd try deleting the Master Fader app and reloading it.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 04:08:16 PM »
Will give that a try.  I'd really prefer it be a software glitch.  Testing should be interesting.  (How do you verify the problem after moving equipment?)  Will check it out with the current config then delete and reinstall.  (Do I lose all my shows?  Better look that up.) 

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 04:50:22 PM »
Until Mackie allows us to backup shows to dropbox or some such I keep everything in one show with snapshots for each band I work with. The DL1608 can only store one show.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 10:35:57 PM »
Found the problem and it's not Mackie's or Apple's.  The user, me, switched the Aux 4 master to post fader.  Working down through the menus threw me off.  I forgot how this is similar to an analog mixer and hit the wrong button.  Guess it's part of the learning curve.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 10:56:23 PM »
Don't feel too bad, in the computer service businesses I'm familiar with we had 75-80% of the problems between the seat and the keyboard. Good that you retraced your setup before you ended up with all that extra work.
When in doubt KISS

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 12:17:21 AM »
Wynnd I was just about to ask you if you were pre or post. That just happened to me in a rehearsal. I use the auxs with headphones. One wasn't working. It drove me crazy. I switched channels but already had the other one set and was determined to figure it out. I hit the pre/post button and bam there it was. I even mentioned to the drummer I was rehearsing with that I was glad it went out because I need to claim my warrantee soon.