Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

docked iPad loses sync

<< < (16/44) > >>

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: Jkowtko on January 02, 2014, 03:44:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: nottooloud on January 01, 2014, 10:14:08 PM ---I just wiped the iPad today, starting over clean.

--- End quote ---

Did that help?

--- End quote ---

Made no difference at all. And of course it was a 64 gig, crammed full of os-obsoleted versions of software, so iTunes can't just restore it.

Sigh.

Everything's still fine via wifi, or I'd be pretty pissed. There's also nothing yet that can touch it for the combination of size, features, and price, so I'll keep on poking Mackie to fix it.

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: Jkowtko on January 02, 2014, 04:43:39 PM ---Too bad behringer's holding their x32 rack price point at 1500 .. If they dropped it a few hundred I bet they would consume this market pretty quickly.

--- End quote ---

When I fly, the Mackie doesn't go in checked baggage. It doesn't even go in my carry-on. It goes in my personal, that thing you can bring in addition to a carry-on. At 15 lbs, the Behringer is basically a 3 space empty box, but it's still big enough that I'd need to check it. That'd cost me $100 a trip. And I wouldn't be placing any bets on Behringer gear surviving TSA and baggage handlers.

WK154:

--- Quote from: nottooloud on January 02, 2014, 05:20:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jkowtko on January 02, 2014, 04:43:39 PM ---Too bad behringer's holding their x32 rack price point at 1500 .. If they dropped it a few hundred I bet they would consume this market pretty quickly.

--- End quote ---

When I fly, the Mackie doesn't go in checked baggage. It doesn't even go in my carry-on. It goes in my personal, that thing you can bring in addition to a carry-on. At 15 lbs, the Behringer is basically a 3 space empty box, but it's still big enough that I'd need to check it. That'd cost me $100 a trip. And I wouldn't be placing any bets on Behringer gear surviving TSA and baggage handlers.

--- End quote ---
Even the most limiting airlines have a handbag allowance that would accommodate a rack in a soft carrying case (36" l+w+h). The carry-on is 45". You would remove the rack ears anyway for other reasons but even with them on it would be allowed. Last I checked the round trip check-in was $50 ($25 each way extra $2 for curbside out of LAX). So your good to go anyways.

Jkowtko:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 02, 2014, 09:12:20 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Even the most limiting airlines have a handbag allowance that would accommodate a rack in a soft carrying case (36" l+w+h). The carry-on is 45". You would remove the rack ears anyway for other reasons but even with them on it would be allowed. Last I checked the round trip check-in was $50 ($25 each way extra $2 for curbside out of LAX). So your good to go anyways.

--- End quote ---

how do you send the rest of your equipment?

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 02, 2014, 09:12:20 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

My carryon holds my computers and mics. Baggage fees vary between airlines. I typically fly Southwest in the states, and am always at my baggage allowance. Additional bags had always been $50. Now that I check, though, I see they've gone to $75. So that would be $150, not $100. Thanks, as always, for your unrequested input.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version