Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

docked iPad loses sync

<< < (18/44) > >>

Wynnd:
You're probably right about it being a mixer/hardware issue, but how is the power where you were?  Good power and a surge suppressor seem a minimum.  A surge could knock the ipad connections down.  (At least that seems a bit likely.)  Power tends to be better in metropolitan areas.  Rural areas are going to be less consistent. But you are probably right about it being the mixer itself. 

RoadRanger:
I haven't been using the UPS I bought but if I was seeing problems like those I'd try that first before blaming the mixer - digital mixers can be pretty susceptible to power issues.

Wynnd:
You are making me consider adding a UPS to my mixing stack.  (Contains the DL1608, 2xDriveRack PXs and a DriveRack PA.  Most can take advantage of a UPS.)

diggo:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on February 20, 2014, 03:29:18 AM ---I haven't been using the UPS I bought but if I was seeing problems like those I'd try that first before blaming the mixer - digital mixers can be pretty susceptible to power issues.

--- End quote ---

My DL has never been connected to a power source which is NOT a UPS. Treated with kid gloves from new. I still encounter the sync issue, despite resetting the mixer, cleaning connectors with Deoxit, changing cables and anything else I could think of. I use iPad2 and iPad1. Seems to affect the iPad1 more often than the iPad2, but both are affected.

Havent tried 2.1 yet as I'm in the middle of a conference...

WK154:

--- Quote from: diggo on February 20, 2014, 07:57:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: RoadRanger on February 20, 2014, 03:29:18 AM ---I haven't been using the UPS I bought but if I was seeing problems like those I'd try that first before blaming the mixer - digital mixers can be pretty susceptible to power issues.

--- End quote ---
My DL has never been connected to a power source which is NOT a UPS. Treated with kid gloves from new. I still encounter the sync issue, despite resetting the mixer, cleaning connectors with Deoxit, changing cables and anything else I could think of. I use iPad2 and iPad1. Seems to affect the iPad1 more often than the iPad2, but both are affected. Havent tried 2.1 yet as I'm in the middle of a conference...
--- End quote ---
Try this first after loading V2.1 http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=486.msg5302#msg5302 .
Too many threads on the same subject.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version