Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

ART S8 mic splitter

(1/3) > >>

Iowaguy:
Just wanted to say what a huge difference since I've started using the ART S8 mic splitter to feed aux outs to the stage monitors.  Having the HP filter and 4 band eq on every aux out really makes it easy to stand at their position and dial in a great sound for each performer-- but the best is no more problems with feedback.  I'm  able to get a nice natural sound for each monitor and plenty of gain before any hint of feedback.  I only rarely need to mess with the 31 band eq on aux's now.  I'm so pleased with this set-up that I'm almost hesitant to load vs. 2 and complicate things with features I probably don't fully understand or need.  However, I'm sure I will eventually make the jump.     

Fluddman:
Iowaguy,

Glad this is working for you.

Let me see if I get what you are doing.

You are splitting the inputs and using some of the channels on the DL1608 as dedicated foldback sends for the stage monitors? Good idea if you have enough channels.

The new hid/show groups feature would be probably help you manage this.

Cheers

Iowaguy:
Yes, that's what I'm doing.  Thanks for the tip on hiding channels. I guess the group mutes and the ability to mute effects from one spot would be nice too.
 I only use the splitter for 4 vocal channels so I have 8 extra channels and that is ususally enough for my needs. 

stevegarris:
I'm using the same, for my band's in-ear mix when we play at clubs with house PA's. Works like a charm, and I'm thinking about adding another for a few more channels. Only bummer is there are a lot of cables involved!

Ampli:
Hi i use a simple y cable for splitting, this works perfect also

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version