Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

EQ settings

(1/9) > >>

PeterKorg:
I am interested to see where you guys set you Main EQ. With our system I end up dropping a large section to -8 to eliminate bass boom, is this a common issue

robbocurry:
What kind of system are you running Peter?
It looks very different to my typical graphic setup, we're probably using different rigs:)
What you like sound wise and what I like could be completely different too.
Did you set by ear or use RTA equipment?
If it sounds good to you and nobody is complaining - happy days!

Greg C.:

--- Quote from: PeterKorg on November 21, 2013, 08:53:44 PM ---I am interested to see where you guys set you Main EQ. With our system I end up dropping a large section to -8 to eliminate bass boom, is this a common issue

--- End quote ---

That looks very drastic. You may have issue with crossover/bandpass gain and speaker setup. Give a detailed description of your speaker system.

sam.spoons:
In theory the graphics on the main output and auxs are to correct for the room and the speakers (both of which have a non-linear frequency response). With the DL1608 (or any good desk) if all DSP (i.e. the channel eq and dynamics, output graphics and dynamics, and global fx) are disabled the output signal should equal the input signal in all ways except gain/level. So the settings of the output graphics will be specific to the rig you are using and the room you are working in.

Greg C.:
Also, the fact you're cutting every single band means you're needlessly reducing gain with the EQ. If you brought those cuts in the highs back to zero and reduced the cut on all the other bands by the same amount, you'd have the same relative spectral balance without screwing up the phase as much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version