Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation

<< < (18/46) > >>

cigame:
I'd like to have a pre/post fader switch for effect sends.
Sometimes when I mix a jazz combo in a small location, the sax/trumpet player is loud enough so the fader is all down.
But it would be nice to give him some reverb from the DL in ballads.

btw
I think the reverb is quite useable if it's EQed.
lowcut around 150 Hz and a little boost on top end.

Rdmitch:
If the sax fader is all the way down how would anyone hear reverb since it would come thru the mains?

Only thing I can think of is if the horn is thru the monitors with a bit of reverb it might bleed thru.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: cigame on February 20, 2015, 05:33:46 PM ---I'd like to have a pre/post fader switch for effect sends.
Sometimes when I mix a jazz combo in a small location, the sax/trumpet player is loud enough so the fader is all down.
But it would be nice to give him some reverb from the DL in ballads.
--- End quote ---
I always run the 'verb pre-fader for that reason - and also I often have the snare mic off in the mains but want some reverb from it. It's not a big problem to have the vocals pre-fader also - but I have been a constant advocate of having the pre/post switchable per channel like my Phonic Summit was.

Topsøe:
If the fader is all the way down , take the channel out of the LR miix and use the fader to send to the reverb , if you want some in LR route it to a group and then to LR

RoadRanger:
So, now that Behringer finally shipped the XR16 I hope Mackie plays a bit of catch-up soon ;) . I'd really like to see input routing, another FX or two, and more choices of tap points for the auxes :) . A PC app would be pretty cool, too  8) .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version