Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

dl1608 fader eq question

(1/2) > >>

Ram:
Question on master fader 3.1.1 on dl1608:
I was thinking that if I changed the EQ on channel 1 in LR, that should not affect the EQ for channel 1 in AUX1 (which is set for PreDSP).
However, I notice that when I change the EQ in LR for channel 1 it also reflects in AUX 1.
Is that how it is?
I had thought that the EQ was part of DSP , and should not affect the PreDSP auxes.

-Ram

ijpengelly:
Do you mean that when you click on the EQ page from Aux 1 it shows the main L/R EQ settings or you hear the changes in Aux 1?

Ram:
>> Do you mean that when you click on the EQ page from Aux 1 it shows the main L/R EQ settings
yes, that's what I saw.

I did not check to see if it affected the aux 1.

Are you saying that it would not impact aux 1, but just shows in the EQ in AUX 1?
-Ram

sam.spoons:
I think that as there is only one DSP/EQ the EQ page will show any EQ applied but the aux tap is pre DSP so it won't audibly affect the aux output.

Fluddman:
I am not sure I am following this.

Is the question - does the eq for channel one affect the eq for signal sent from input one out to aux 1? If aux 1 is pre dsp it's tapping off channel one before EQ and Compression - so it won't have any effect.

I typically set up vocal wedges this way. I know there are those that would like to tap pre channel compression and post channel Eq - so channel eq would affect aux 1 but not any compression on that channel.

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version