Author Topic: software advice, remove silence from MP3 via batch?  (Read 5869 times)

Kev tyler

• Knight
software advice, remove silence from MP3 via batch?
« on: October 18, 2014, 11:47:55 AM »
hi guys

I am familiar with wave editing software like sound forge etc,

Great for editing single tracks

What when you have hundreds of tracks with 7 second silence on the end, is there a quick solution to do this in a batch?

Many thanks

Kev

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: software advice, remove silence from MP3 via batch?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 01:29:03 PM »
Hey Kev,

I do some part time audio remastering and that stumped me a little, but did some research for you. Here (hear?) is a link that might put you in the right direction?

http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=103135

It's a forum and may provide answers.

Hold the presses! I found another link from the above site that may be the ticket for you?

http://mp3splt.sourceforge.net/mp3splt_page/home.php

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:50:34 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 04:14:43 PM »
Thanks so much

Going to have a nose now

:)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 05:01:40 PM »
This is one thing that pisses me off about iOS. I have players for both Android and Windows that automatically skip silence at the beginning and end of MP3's. I contacted a couple of player app developers and they told me you couldn't do it on iOS x( . Maybe on iOS 8?

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 05:23:43 PM »
This is one thing that pisses me off about iOS. I have players for both Android and Windows that automatically skip silence at the beginning and end of MP3's. I contacted a couple of player app developers and they told me you couldn't do it on iOS x( . Maybe on iOS 8?

I get the feeling that iOS is a somewhat insular OS, if that's the correct term? There are thousands of apps available which blow me away with the variety. (Not so much like Windows apps) Then one comes along that makes you go huh? Kinda frustrating especially if most of the tech stuff you use professionally is an iDevice. You say to yourself, wow that'd be cool if it was made for iOS too, then dead end.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 11:31:33 PM »
Hi guys

IOS is a pain, it no longer locks on to bluetooth keyboards apparently like it used to do?

I am in the process of migrating from remote control vnc Winamp on a PC, (3 instances running, first spot second spot and interval) to an iPad  air turn set up running obviously a single instance of various apps, setting up one playlist trying to imagine what you might or might not sing,  allow for an interval  break and then remember to edit out silence ,makes you realise how versatile ye olde pc was.

I just grew tired of people seeing my laptop , presuming I had 40 000 karaoke tracks, telling me I was rubbish but asking  could their best mate who is  a pro singer get up and sing " chocolate salty balls"

No business like show business Eh?

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:36:51 PM by Kev tyler »

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 11:47:36 PM »
Hi guys

I just grew tired of people seeing my laptop , presuming I had 40 000 karaoke tracks, telling me I was rubbish but asking  could their best mate who is  a pro singer get up and sing " chocolate salty balls"

No business like show business Eh?

:lol: Brings back memories gigging at Royal Canadian Legions.  ::)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 05:09:03 AM »
My bluetooth keyboards go to sleep to save battery power.  (Seems to need a charge every 6 months or so.)  They wake up fine.  Now if I could only find instructions to pair my car to both my Wife's and my cell phones and my ipad mini at the same time.  Either I don't get it, or there is a trick to making this work.  (2014 Toyota Sienna LE)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 07:52:04 AM »
As far as I'm aware Bluetooth devices can only be paired with one other device at a time (I guess that's why they chose the word "pair" to describe the process). My old Parrot car kit would connect to my phone and both my two sons phones but only one at a time, once one was connected it ignored the others that were in range unless I manually selected a specific phone.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 02:49:07 PM »
To show how much I don't get it, when I paired it with my Wife's phone, it no longer sees my phone at any time, even when She is across town.  As far as single pairing only.  My MacBook Pro is paired and running with my keyboard, touch pad, and mouse all at the same time.  Maybe it's because they interface with different software.  Going to do some research on the internet and see if I just don't get it. 

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 03:45:45 PM »
As far as I'm aware Bluetooth devices can only be paired with one other device at a time (I guess that's why they chose the word "pair" to describe the process). My old Parrot car kit would connect to my phone and both my two sons phones but only one at a time, once one was connected it ignored the others that were in range unless I manually selected a specific phone.

My Jabra Drive can pair to two phones at the same time. My old Motorola bluetooth thing could, too, until the day it caught on fire (in the car, while driving. That was exciting...)
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 04:05:43 PM »
I stand corrected :-[

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 04:16:51 PM »

That's them heavy speakers mate

Re all these apps and IOS probs, I Might buy a windows  7 touchscreen tablet, and put Winamp on it,

Is anyone doing gigs with a win tab?

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 06:36:31 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I do not use a windows tablet I do incorporate a Lenovo X61T Wacom-Enabled Convertible Windows7 for X32-Edit/Reaper sitting on an X32 Rack. Edit`s lack of screen resize fits perfectly on the X61T screen and the stylus performs as well as expected in either standard notebook or convertible mode.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 08:55:08 PM »

That's them heavy speakers mate

Re all these apps and IOS probs, I Might buy a windows  7 touchscreen tablet, and put Winamp on it,

Kev,

No, just mainly using my iExpensive Devices for the DL and audio trax playback. I do keep a Win 8.1 laptop for backup tunes and sometimes to bail out presenters who need PowerPoint when their laptops crap out.   :facepalm:

What about a Windows Surface Pro 2 Tablet? They are selling cheap here right now, 'cause the Surface 3 is out. You've probably already researched them, but here's a link to the Surface Pro 2. This is from Staples Canada so your prices may be much higher.

http://www.staples.ca/en/Microsoft-Surface-2-P3W-00001-Tablet-106-Windows-81-Nvidia-Tegra-4/product_303981_2-CA_1_20001

It might be worth looking into?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:04:44 PM by Keyboard Magic »