Author Topic: FAQ: iPad/iPhone Holders  (Read 14125 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
FAQ: iPad/iPhone Holders
« on: March 30, 2013, 05:02:14 PM »
Quote from: LeeSteel
Not sure if you guys have seen one of these in person yet but I bought one yesterday and it is really well made and is going to work out nicely. IK Multimedia's iKlip for iPhone. I had purchased the iKlip for my iPad some time ago and found it to be kind of clunky but this is actually really nice. It is a spring loaded holder and works fine with my Speck iphone case.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/ik-multimedia-iklip-mini

I have this for my iPad:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=233-048
(or http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=603410 )
I don't use it with the DL1608 though. I use it when using the "iReal B" app at jazz jams.

Quote from: LeeSteel
RR - the only problem I have with the iKlip for iPad and the one you are showing, is that if you have any kind of protection on your iPad, the holder will not work. The iPhone iKlip is spring loaded and will hold the iPhone no matter what case you have on it.

Quote from: brasssynth
I've been using this stand by Konig and Meyer:
http://products.k-m.de/us/Mic-stands/Accessories/115-2-SHEET-MUSIC-AND-DOCUMENT-HOLDER-black
It's light and very adjustable. It doesn't clamp on to the iPad, but it's at a pretty secure angle.

Quote from: Peter N
I use this one, together with a camera tripod
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iPad-Tripod-Mo...=item1c29ab07d7

Quote from: trshot
You'll be cringing the day the music stand gets bumped and the screen cracks after a fall! You spent a lot of money, spend a bit more and feel safe. Here's what I use:
http://products.k-m.de/us/Multimedia-Equipment/Holders/19740-Tablet-PC-holder-black
Aluminum construction, plastic swivel iPad holder for quick horizontal and vertical positioning as well as tilt...

Quote from: Gerceval
I bought the K&M 19722 (less than 40 € in Europe) for my Ipad 3 and I ordered a K&M 19740 for my Ipad mini
On stage, the mini will runs the DL and the "big one" shows me my tabs, both attached on my mic stand

I do have a couple of the Griffin Survivor MIL-spec cases but when I'm playing on-stage I'm not mixing on the DL1608 and the relative invisibility of the iPad vs a music stand to the audience is important - so I'll probably continue to use my iPad naked with the low visibility Talent iMS-1 clip I have for it for that.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:59:07 PM by RoadRanger »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: FAQ: iPad/iPhone Holders
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 06:09:20 PM »
I got to test the waterproofness of my iPad Mini's Griffin Survivor case yesterday at an outdoor gig :o - it worked great :thu: .

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 11:40:03 PM »
I got to test the waterproofness of my iPad Mini's Griffin Survivor case yesterday at an outdoor gig :o - it worked great :thu: .
I always thought it was sunny in the US? I thought those cases were for sale exclusively to us in the UK... :facepalm:
The older I get, the better I was!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 12:07:08 AM »
I always thought it was sunny in the US? I thought those cases were for sale exclusively to us in the UK... :facepalm:
This is our usual rainy season until mid-July. And tornado and hurricane season - global warming is kicking our arse over here :( . I don't usually do more than a couple outdoor gigs a year but this year that's most of what I've booked for the summer - just got another one today (4 bands noon to five) and discussing a second. I do like not having to load out at 2 am at some dive bar and having to pass through the checkpoints - can't even have 2-3 beers as they'll ask and get all pissy about it :( .

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 12:36:20 AM »
I should count my blessings, no tornadoes or hurricanes here!
This is our summer, it's crap. Temp in Celsius btw:)
The older I get, the better I was!

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 04:30:44 PM »
I just got the K&M 19722 and used it this weekend.  Much better than a misic stand.

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 11:52:53 AM »
Just bought the IK2 to replace my GF's original one that I broke and got tired of super glueing :). Should have read the box though, since she has the original iPad 1 and the IK2 is for the IPad 2 or greater. Can anyone suggest a good holder for the IPad 1 that has some good durability. I shouldn't complain, this one has lasted her over 3 years.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 11:57:06 AM »
I just got the K&M 19722 and used it this weekend.  Much better than a misic stand.

Looks pretty impressive. Will it work for the iPad 1?
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 12:33:39 PM »
I don't know as the holding clips are preset.

gtrdudes

• Padawan
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 01:57:35 PM »
I use the Hercules HA300. It's designed to hold any tablet. My drummer has one as well which he uses for his iPad 1. It can attach to large diameter stands or even square tube keyboard stands. I highly recommend it.

PS. Stay away from the on stage one. Purple piece of junk.

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 03:42:21 PM »
I don't know as the holding clips are preset.

I went ahead and ordered the K&M 19720.  Further investigation said it was compatible with the 1st gen iPad.  I will let you know how it works out.  If the glue doesn't hold on the existing one and her iPad hits the floor then I'll have to deal with that Latin temper :lol:. Hope it comes soon.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 05:44:10 PM »
I went ahead an bought a Hercules HA300. I was hoping it would hold my iPad 2 and/or iPad Mini when they are in their Griffin Survivor cases but no joy as the bottom arms aren't adjustable :( . Nice holder for the full sized iPad otherwise :) .

troy mcclure

• Padawan
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 03:52:38 PM »
Just got my ipad yesterday in the mail.  I originally was going to use it exclusively for the DL1608 but my band is breaking up and my next band has a Presonus so....
Does anyone have a case for the ipad that is easy to remove when to it is time to use the DL1608?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »
Just got my ipad yesterday in the mail.  I originally was going to use it exclusively for the DL1608 but my band is breaking up and my next band has a Presonus so....
Does anyone have a case for the ipad that is easy to remove when to it is time to use the DL1608?
There's no reason to remove the case - you don't have to dock the iPad to use it with the DL1608.

Gmul

• Youngling
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »
Very appropriate timing for this thread. I use my iPad also for midi change data on my keyboards. I currently use the alesis io dock and need a stand to accommodate this. I need a goose neck type of iPad holder that is multy adjustable. Any thoughts?

Let me clarify.

For those unfamiliar with the alesis io dock, it is an "iPad shaped" docking station that allows connection of mulitable audio and midi interfaces. It is about 2 inches bigger that the iPad itself along its perimeter, so for all intensive purposes, it looks like an iPad that is a perfect 8 cubic inches bigger. ( hope you can picture this!) I need a clamp on, goose knecked, iPad holder that can be either spring loaded or screw-rail operated to secure the actual iPad/ alesis io dock arrangement.

Too much to ask???
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:51:51 PM by Gmul »