Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

First Serious Glitches With DL32R and MF

<< < (8/15) > >>

JMc:
Thanks once again for all of the help...  I've reformatted the drive from the DL32R, ejected the disc, recreated the Music and Recordings directories and re-loaded my intermission music on the PC and then reloaded the HDD.  I feel confident that everything should be okay.  I also thought of another step I missed that might explain some problems as well...  I have rarely used the "eject" button in the recording session to eject the HDD.  I just turn everything off, then unplug the drive after I get home to connect to the computer.  I'll get myself in the habit of always pressing "eject" before I power down.  The big test will be Friday at our next show.  I feel confident that things will work just fine again. 

WK154:
So what's stopping you from a test BEFORE your gig on Friday?

beno:
Yeah definitely test before if possible. Maybe an overnight recording tonight?

JMc:
Well, I did test it after all of that, but I only recorded a few seconds of dead air.  Seems to be working , file saved, etc.  BUT - I'm more interested in recording in an actual real-world situation where I'm recording the whole set, maybe switching to the set list app, switching back to master fader, stopping the recording at the completion of the first set, playing intermission music, stopping the intermission music after the break, resuming recording the next set, etc.  So the REAL test will be Friday.  But I am feeling pretty good at this point.  I guess there's no harm in dry running through a "test set" between now and then.

beno:
Sounds like a plan. FYI, I'm out of town until Tuesday with poor internet so if you need help ASAP, contact tech support again.
Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version