Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

First Serious Glitches With DL32R and MF

<< < (9/15) > >>

JMc:
Will do, and thank you again for your personal attention and assistance, Ben.  I'm looking forward to reporting back with some good news after our Friday and/or Saturday gigs.  Have a great weekend. :thu:

dpdan:
ALWAYS use the "Eject" before unplugging it or shutting off it's power.

:)

Michael Welter:

--- Quote from: dpdan on August 19, 2015, 08:23:25 AM ---ALWAYS use the "Eject" before unplugging it or shutting off it's power.

:)

--- End quote ---
I've never done that, and never had a problem. What is the advantage of ejecting it before powering down?

dpdan:
from the WWW...

The computer needs to do some filing and housekeeping on every drive. If you unplug without warning that housekeeping can be missed or go wrong and your files may be corrupted or damaged.

Keyboard Magic:
Just like your USB thumb drive too, you can remove it 9 times out of ten from the computer without ejecting it properly, but that 10th time, the drive will be corrupted, cause the OS hasn't quite finished dealing with it yet.

Sometimes you lose some files and worst they become totally fried. At least with a USB hard drive you can repartition and format it. I learned way back, after toasting a few thumb drives to eject them first. No more problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version