Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

FAQ: ATA Style Cases for the DL1608

<< < (2/5) > >>

LennyG:
I got my ATA case today, and I'm pretty stoked.  It fits as snug as a bug in a rug  :lol:, and includes room for the WiFi box.  I like this because I can just remove the top, connect the cables, and it's ready to go.  I attached an extension cable for power that will just coil up in the back of the box when I put the top back on.

I cut two channels in the foam for storage of the extra cable underneath the DL1608, as there's about an inch of vertical space to place the cables.

What do you think?

musicman7722:

--- Quote from: LennyG on March 26, 2013, 12:00:07 AM ---Robert, that looks like a nice way to do it.  The ATA case I ordered finally shipped and should be here Wednesday.  It'll be interesting to see if it will works as well for me as I'm hoping.

--- End quote ---

Nice looking job and the price seems right.  I take it though the lid is not removable?

musicman7722:

--- Quote from: LennyG on March 28, 2013, 03:01:45 AM ---I got my ATA case today, and I'm pretty stoked.  It fits as snug as a bug in a rug  :lol:, and includes room for the WiFi box.  I like this because I can just remove the top, connect the cables, and it's ready to go.  I attached an extension cable for power that will just coil up in the back of the box when I put the top back on.

I cut two channels in the foam for storage of the extra cable underneath the DL1608, as there's about an inch of vertical space to place the cables.

What do you think?

--- End quote ---

I do like the idea of one box for everything and it is just what I'm lookng for but $200 seems steep.  Do you feel it was worth that much?

LennyG:

--- Quote from: musicman7722 on March 28, 2013, 03:36:15 PM ---Nice looking job and the price seems right.  I take it though the lid is not removable?

--- End quote ---

The lid isn't shown in the photo and was removed.  You can see the hinge for it at the back of the case.  I'm used to buying cases for my mixers where I can operate them from within, providing protection and minimizing the handling of the hardware.  At $200 I suppose it could be considered expensive, since it's essentially plywood, cabinet carpet, and plastic/foam protection cut to fit.  I've built a number of road cases for myself and it isn't hard, but it is time-consuming.  Tracking down the hardware pieces, getting the right kind of foam and cutting it in a way that looks professional all takes longer when you don't have all the proper tools and don't do it very often.  For me it was worth it, because I have difficulty finding a weekend afternoon to do it.  That and I can afford to buy it.  That's probably why I used to build my own.  I was younger with lots of time and no money.  Now I have little time, and only a little more money.  :)

My old mixer (and its road case for the power supply) was a behemoth that was best moved using two people. 
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151498576566077.1073741828.553126076&type=1&notif_t=like

RoadRanger:
^ I think musicman7722 was commenting on Robert's case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version