Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Just ordered a Qu-16

(1/4) > >>

abzurd:
I've just had it with connectivity issues. I thought I had it licked by wiping the ipad and starting over. Saturday night though the docked ipad 3 wouldn't sync and when I went to the connection screen it said it was trying to find the device name. I rebooted and still nothing, just a faders down, everything flat screen. The fact I had my original ipad was the only thing that saved me. I docked it and it synced, which then allowed me to wirelessly connect the ipad 3 and get it to sync, which then allowed me to replace the docked ipads. I don't have time for this crap every other show.

Adding to this is was the fact my original ipad was going to become obsolete so I was going to have to spend $300 for a backup to save my bacon. Frankly, except for the lag time, the ipad 1 has worked perfectly and the ipad 3 not so well. So I  saw my future of having 2 ipads and neither work at a show. Nah, time to cut bait.

I'll sell the DL1608 and my StudioLive, which hasn't been turned on in a year. That will finance the purchase as the Qu-16 can be had for around $1600 these days. I've also been Craigslisting outboard gear that I haven't used since getting the StudioLive in 2009. I'm not getting top dollar but, will never use the stuff again so keeping it seemed silly.

WK154:
If I had to depend on the DL for shows it would have been gone long time ago I'm just hoping that Mackie will get their act together before I sell it so I don't have to sell a lemon. Right now it's just a lab guinea pig.

Jerrylee:
What's with all the issues? For the more than a year I had mine it worked great. I guess you guys are having issues because you are relying on a docked iPad. Why not have it wireless? I never had one issue.

abzurd:

--- Quote from: Jerrylee on April 08, 2014, 03:24:36 AM ---What's with all the issues? For the more than a year I had mine it worked great. I guess you guys are having issues because you are relying on a docked iPad. Why not have it wireless? I never had one issue.

--- End quote ---

Well, mine doesn't and I've had enough. Best GUI out there, but it's not the most feature rich and if it can't be easy and reliable to use it doesn't work for me. By selling my SL and DL I can have multi-tracking, XLR auxes and more of them, a physical mixing surface, not have to buy another ipad to keep a viable backup, better EFX, and the mixer will live in the same rolling rack the DL is in now. It was really a no brainer when I thought about it.

Wynnd:
The Qu-16 is a pretty nice looking machine.  I'm not having your problems or at least not at those levels.  (Generally the DL works perfectly every time.  There was that one rehearsal, but nothing that happened would have prevented me from getting the job done.)  And I haven't had to resort to using My Fader on the iphone that I keep for emergencies.  (And with airplay working just fine, I can run wifi only with the ipad and provide break music with either the iphone or the ipad.)  When I used the ipad undocked last Saturday it only dropped to 75% on a 4 hour gig.  I'm OK with anything over 20% left over after a 4 hour gig.  One more note:  I attempted to charge my iphone from the airport express's USB port.  It says it's charging, but it's lying.  So carry a real USB charging cube with your stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version