Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Behringer X18

(1/6) > >>

sam.spoons:
The X18, "DL killer" :lol: is looking close to release. It appears to have all the features we'd like the DL to have, built in wifi, USB multitrack recording 4 x fx engines, combo sockets on all channels, phono I/O, PC, Mac and (third party) Android apps and US price is reputed to be $799. If it'll work as a stage box for an X32 (when I get mine) I may have to buy one  :eek:

Jerrylee:
Nope, won't work as a stage box. I inquired on that a while back. It does not have the aes50. There are features you missed. One being programmable gains. Having these are HUGE!

sam.spoons:
Yes JL, you're right, I'll try to read the manual at some point.

The 'stage box' comment was slightly light hearted, I didn't really expect it to be the case  :(

I hope to buy some flavour of digital desk later this year (especially as I've just finished a production of Sweeney Todd on a GL3300 and outboard, a digital desk would have made life considerably easier) favourite ATM being an X32 Compact but I'm still considering A&H Qu and others. If it ends up being an X32 I may eventually replace my DL with an X32 Rack as it will double as a stage box. TBF the DL is still a great mixer and the other option (and the one I'll follow for the time being) is to keep the DL for my 85% smaller gigs and buy the bigger digital desk for the few bigger gigs, hiring in a digital snake when I need one.

Jerrylee:
It's still worth selling the dl while you can. The used market, and new, will plummet when the x18 comes out. Why rent a stage box when you can add that cost to what you sell the dl for? Then work a deal for the rack. I sold my dl and paid less than $250 difference

sam.spoons:
Yup JL that's definitely up there amongst the option list. OTOH the cheapest option is always to use what you already have. Hire of an S16 and CAT5 will probably be less than £20 a day so would be an economical solution to the occasional bigger gig. A weeks hire would be more expensive (I'd guess £50-60) but the theatre gig I've just finished has an analogue multicore installed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version