Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iOS 7.1.1 a DL killer?

(1/7) > >>

WK154:
KM today updated to iOS 7.1.1 and his DL wouldn't function anymore. So anyone else update and found it problematic or is this a fluke? 50 Yrs in the computer biz taught me one thing for sure, let the other guys bleed first. Wasn't one of the settings for successful use of the DL to turn off auto-update on the iPad?
See details here:  http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=648.msg6105#msg6105

Wynnd:
I updated and didn't experience any problems last night.  Auto update is shut off.  (I did forget to bring a backup mixer.  Was planning to.)

Keyboard Magic:
Much to my chagrin, my auto updates were turned off, but I chose to update all my iOS devices just the same  :facepalm: Yes, and supposedly having quite a fair background in computers I ran the updates anyway!  :facepalm: That'll teach me!  :-[ :facepalm:  Better go, bleeding all over my iPad at this particular moment  :lol:

iOS = iNCLUDED Obsolescence Standard  Sorry, didn't really mean to bash Apple.  :P  I really do like my iPad/iPod.  ;)

Wynnd:
Sorry for your experience.  Aren't you able to back pedal the ipad to its prior version?  I've got a full back up on my Mac.  Need to check out the how or why not.  There were a few others who had some problems with either the Master Fader upgrade or the ios upgrade.  I'm running an ipad 2.  Bought that because I can't see the difference in the retina display from the ipad 2 and the 30 pin connector was the only one available when I purchased the DL1608 last September.  Outside of the Master Fader and My Fader apps, nothing is critical on my ipad.  (Though I'm planning on taking it instead of my MacBook on this summer's motorcycle trip to the Northwest.  Smaller is always good on a bike.  I might want to rethink my backup for that trip and move it to the cloud.  Might be a good time to buy an ipad mini or only take my iphone.)

Keyboard Magic:
Wynnd,

Thank you. I appreciate the sentiments   :thu: Everyone here is so nice. That's why I am staying on. As for the complete backup of the previous iOS? "Insert slap to the back of the head here"  :facepalm: Of course I didn't back it up, even with all my computer background and always telling clients to: backup! backup!! backup!!  :eek:

It's a moot point at this point  ??? Since I no longer have my DL. Got a full refund though. I will keep my eyes open, suck back and reload! May wait for the DL1608 II? Or not!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version