Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

How great thou art, DL1608!

<< < (2/2)

robbocurry:
I saw that vid too Dan :eek:
Rather him than me!

Wynnd:
My MixWiz, built in China, was always solid and still is in its new home.  Chinese manufacturing is a mixed bag.  Allen Heath and Apple are generally getting quality out of there.  My Trailer, made in China, is a much sadder story. 

dpdan:
China probably has the most advanced manufacturing in all the world, but for sure, they copy and make a lot of junk too,
as long as someone from the manufacturer is there and keeps an eye on how things are done it ensures a good quality product.
Naturally, any product can fail and have issues, but companies like Apple, Allen & Heath, QSC etc, all produce great quality from their China factories....that's how I see it.

Wynnd:
China today is so much better than the early junk that came from Japan.  (You might not be old enough to remember the 2 cent cupie dolls.  Real trash.)   Of course, it has been decades since any junk has come out of Japan and today everything I've gotten from there is top quality.  China is well on their way in that direction.  (And Korea, and pretty much most of South East Asia.) 

seventhson:
I concur.   I've only used mine at a few gigs so far buts done everything I bought it for and sounds great doing it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version