Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Opinion poll: Which brand inspires more confidence - Mackie or Behringer?

<< < (9/10) > >>

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Harpman on June 28, 2013, 07:12:56 PM ---(just like when you plug iPad into your PC via USB Type-A, doesn't charge the iPad).
--- End quote ---
Sure it does - when the iPad is "locked". I do it all the time :) .

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Harpman on June 28, 2013, 07:12:56 PM ---According to the Behringer rep at the NAMM show, he said the USB Type-A connector will be used to control the iX16 (as well as wireless). But then again, even their reps may not be that technical savvy.
--- End quote ---
Or they are making it up a they go - as marketing droids are inclined to do. I have DIRECTLY asked Behringer folks (including Uli himself) to clarify this point and no joy so far. Just lots of third parties that ASSUME you can and Behringer not correcting them - best kind of lying is letting others do it for you so you can maintain plausible deniability ;) .

Harpman:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on June 28, 2013, 07:42:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: Harpman on June 28, 2013, 07:12:56 PM ---(just like when you plug iPad into your PC via USB Type-A, doesn't charge the iPad).
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Never tried it "locked" before.  See, you can teach an old dog new tricks :).

Harpman:

--- Quote from: Harpman on June 29, 2013, 12:17:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: RoadRanger on June 28, 2013, 07:42:11 PM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Never tried it "locked" before.  See, you can teach an old dog new tricks :).

--- End quote ---

Interesting enough RR, I have an iPad 3 and iPad 4 (Retina) and both show as "Not Charging" when locked and plugged into my USB on the PC.  This might be a setting in BIOS and varies from MB manufacturers.  I will have to see if my ASUS MB supports it or not.  Will keep you posted.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Harpman on July 01, 2013, 06:48:40 PM ---Interesting enough RR, I have an iPad 3 and iPad 4 (Retina) and both
show as "Not Charging" when locked and plugged into my USB on the PC.
--- End quote ---
How would you know? The screen is off when locked. And yes, the iPad will only charge (slowly) from a "normal" usb port when the screen is off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version