Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

X series time table

<< < (2/6) > >>

ijpengelly:
No fog up here, its a long way from London :-)

As interesting as the Behringer units are, I'll be sticking with the Mackie for the time being. I like what it does, I generally like how it sounds (some slightly better reverbs would be nice), I like the interface and I like that it is reliable. If anything I would look at the Behringer kit for a second system should the need arise for more channels, etc.

Good luck to those who do sell up and move across, I'll be interested to see how they perform.

WK154:
Don't misconstrue the post it's about shipping schedules. I have in the past had my differences with Behringer engineering on some of their products mostly minor ones. They have their own set of problems but at least they have a forum with Behringer people responding to it. The one thing that Mackie fails miserably on is their UI (User Interface) for live performances. I don't know about you but I take pride in my work and when a POS kit gets in the way of that it's gone. Mackie has had 3 versions to fix this problem (since users complained) and has not done so. The UI in general is not geared well to live performances but mostly to time wasting cute moves.

ijpengelly:
My post was in no way a slight at Behringer, I have used some of their kit in the past and found it to work very well. More than happy to see some interesting products out there and hope that those that seem to have issues with the DL find what they are looking for.

I do indeed take pride in my work and, so far, I have not found the interface to be that clumsy or poorly designed that it has interfered with me getting a good live mix and managing any feedback I do encounter. Other peoples' mileage may vary  ;D

WK154:
Didn't detect any slight nor implied you did. I just want folks to know that every manufacturer has their problems but it's about how they go about addressing them that's of concern. We could start a thread that focused on the UI and how it could be changed but Mackie already has a ton of suggestions on their own website falling on deaf ears.

WK154:
Get your core X32 here if they have any left at American Music Supply.
  http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-BEH-X32CORE-LIST?src=A0807AFLHAMS0000&utm_source=amsaffiliatecj&utm_campaign=10587833
Another 8 weeks almost to the day delivery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version