Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL vs X32 Sonic Quality

<< < (4/6) > >>

stevegarris:
Thanks everyone. You've confirmed my belief that there is no difference in the sound quality between the 2 boards. I didn't want this to turn into a bashing of my friend, who is a studio guy that I believe has been thrown into live audio very recently. He's very young and has a lot to learn, but this guy mixes stadium shows on an L-Acoustics array using Midas boards - gear that I have never had access to.

From this post I read 6 of you that agree that the DL sounds just as good, and 1 stating it might be a little thin sounding. I too came from a Mixwiz, and there was no doubt in my mind that the DL sounded better. I also use 2.x on my system, and 3.x on a club installed board. For my mixing needs, 2.x is much better, but I'm running an iPad 2. This year I think I'm going to pick up an Air2, and I might consider the DL32 as my next step up.

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: dpdan on February 23, 2016, 04:56:44 PM ---VIEW GROUPS

--- End quote ---

That may be an answer, I hadn't thought of using view groups in that way, nice one Dan :)

pytchley:

--- Quote from: stevegarris on February 23, 2016, 06:12:28 PM ---Thanks everyone. You've confirmed my belief that there is no difference in the sound quality between the 2 boards. I didn't want this to turn into a bashing of my friend, who is a studio guy that I believe has been thrown into live audio very recently. He's very young and has a lot to learn, but this guy mixes stadium shows on an L-Acoustics array using Midas boards - gear that I have never had access to.

From this post I read 6 of you that agree that the DL sounds just as good, and 1 stating it might be a little thin sounding. I too came from a Mixwiz, and there was no doubt in my mind that the DL sounded better. I also use 2.x on my system, and 3.x on a club installed board. For my mixing needs, 2.x is much better, but I'm running an iPad 2. This year I think I'm going to pick up an Air2, and I might consider the DL32 as my next step up.

--- End quote ---

I have to say I have a problem with Behringer. In the past a number of their rubbish products have left me deeply in the s**t so I may be a little biased but I have mixed on pretty much every mixer around and the DL1608 really does sound surprisingly good. I often have to use X32's and they don't actually sound bad but I do find them a bit one dimensional, sort of "whatever". They are also horrifically hard to get you're head around if you need to mess with routing etc.

sam.spoons:
If a company can be said to have turned itself around in the last few years I think Behringer is that company. I've had both good and bad experiences with older Berry products but if you buy a mixer that costs less than a cheap lunch you have to accept that it won't last (or preform well either, though some actually did). Berry used (and still do) sell some cheap kit and some of it does not reach a professional standard but the X32 range does with knobs on (and has shaken the industry to the roots). Mackie, since GM left, has also had it's ups and downs. Both companies now make gear that we would have killed for 25 years ago. Both the DL series and Berry's famous Xs offer far more than we could have dreamed of back then and with much higher reliability than most of those analogue desks (even much more expensive ones) did.

dpdan:
pass this link on to anyone who thinks the DL has no bottom end or "warmth"

https://www.facebook.com/Mackie/posts/10153517823616145

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version