Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL vs X32 Sonic Quality

<< < (2/6) > >>

pytchley:
The Mackie sounds astonishingly good given it's a Mackie, behringer hmmmm!

dpdan:
it is laughable that someone is advised to throw away their Mackie mixer and buy a Behringer,

if they only knew how stupid that makes them look

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: pytchley on February 22, 2016, 08:55:46 PM ---The Mackie sounds astonishingly good given it's a Mackie
--- End quote ---
Why the qualification? I think the DL1608/DL32R preamps and converters sound as good as any. Have you ever had the "fun" of making a high end pro Yamaha mixer sound good? Oy Vey those preamps can be brutal  if you don't leave LOTS of headroom :( .

pytchley:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on February 22, 2016, 10:50:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: pytchley on February 22, 2016, 08:55:46 PM ---The Mackie sounds astonishingly good given it's a Mackie
--- End quote ---
Why the qualification? I think the DL1608/DL32R preamps and converters sound as good as any. Have you ever had the "fun" of making a high end pro Yamaha mixer sound good? Oy Vey those preamps can be brutal  if you don't leave LOTS of headroom :( .

--- End quote ---

Come on, I was being complementary to Mackie for once... +100 on Yamaha pre-amps, I have made some serious bad farting sounds with them, I have especially bad memories of a PM4000. I thought I had blown the speakers (huge turbosound TM something system, not mine) until i lowered the gain on the double bass at a festival back in analogue days.

Wynnd:
I've been using my DL1608 since September 2014.  The Onyx preamps are very tolerant of being pushed.  I find them quite clean.  I left a MixWiz for the DL1608.  There was nothing wrong with the MixWiz and I did like it.  I just wanted the ability to save configurations, because I do a lot of different things and wanted to simplify my setup times.  Now during that time, Mackie has upped the functionality of the mixer so much.  I'm quite happy with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version