Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Who's gone from a DL1608 to a DL32R (or even an X32 rack)

<< < (4/10) > >>

Fluddman:
 Thanks DigtheDL. Will do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

James91104:

--- Quote from: Fluddman on November 30, 2015, 08:23:08 AM ---Here is a small advantage the DL32R has over the X32 rack. All the functions of the DL32R can be controlled by the iPad app but I don't think this is true for the X32 Rack - I noticed early on that you can't set up a stereo link using the iPad app (I assume you have to use the front panel).

Not a deal breaker but significant if you are used to doing everything on the iPad.

Cheers

--- End quote ---
What you are experiencing is demo mode. X/M32 Mix needs to be networked connected to a device (mixer) for some control aspects. Suggest utilizing X/M Edit for full function off-line show creation & editing.

I disagree that there is an advantage as you point out. I counter that the reverse is true in that the Behringer/Midas platform of X/M mixers offers more than one method and platform of remote control AND front panel control does exist if necessary on the X32Rack, something that the DL32 obviously does, cannot,
and may never offer. Wired and wireless LAN, iPad and Android remote apps, PC, MAC, Linux and Rasberry PI off/on line editors, front panel control (excluding Core models), versus one marketed method of connectivity, wireless LAN, and one means of control, iOS devices.

Perhaps someone can illuminate me as to how one might link channels 1 & 2 of a DL32R or DL1608 for that matter within MasterFader version X.X ? Oh, can`t be done? That`s right, on the wish list since `12:  https://mackie.uservoice.com/forums/97035-dl-series/suggestions/3009712-channel-linking-grouping

So really now, where might any reasonable individual side on where the advantage/ disadvantage lay ?

Fluddman:
James,

We might need to agree to disagree on this one.

My point is, that because the DL32R can only be controlled by an ipad - the ipad has to be able to control everything. This is certainly a plus for me.

I do agree that only having one method of control is also a shortcoming of the DL32R.

As for channel linking it can absolutely be done using the current version of Master Fader but from memory it couldn't be done when MF was first released.

Cheers

DigtheDL:
Just a clarification to my earlier post.  When I typed X18 I ment XR18.  Sorry for confusion.

Rdmitch:
OK...so here is a dumb question for this topic.

If I have a DL32 I can plug in 32 mics ( or other stuff), easy to do there are 32 XLR inputs
If I have a X32 Rack, I only see 16 inputs on the back panel....how do I get 32 inputs ? On the
big  boy X32 full console there are 32 inputs on the rear, but not on the rack version.

Do I need to buy a S-32 stage box of another $1400.00 ? Or, am I missing something in the comparison
of these two products.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version